Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Journey Begins!

Well, it's happened! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and several months of trying, the stick had 2 pink lines instead of one! Yes, we're taking the plunge into parenthood! Last year we were thrilled to find out I was pregnant, only to have a miscarriage at 6 weeks. Now, I am just at 5 weeks, so we're definitely hesitant to get too excited or to tell friends and family about it. Fortunately, we didn't share the news the first time and that made it easier. We have not shared the fact that we were trying, simply because we did not want people to keep asking about it. This is my way of sharing the baby updates with anyone who cares to read about it. It's all exciting for me, but I'll try to keep it somewhat interesting for the next several months, until the good stuff really begins.

They say 12 weeks is when the pregnancy becomes "safe," but I just don't know if I can hold out until then! I mean, come on--that's 7 weeks! Are you kidding? To ease my mind, I went to the doctor this morning. Jay came with me, and hearing her say "Congratulations" made it seem more real. They drew blood to check my hormone levels, and I should get the results tomorrow. If I know everything is progressing normally, I will be more inclined to share this fun news, but I'm hoping to wait until September 21, when I have the first ultrasound and we get to hear the heartbeat! So, I am certain I will share it before the 12 week mark, but until then, this will have to get me through! :)

2 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 9:17 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Woo-Hoo! I'm so stinkin' excited for ya'll! This definitely an answer to prayer! We are continuing to pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery!

 
At August 25, 2005 5:21 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

I think you need to post again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home