Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What have we done???

In less than a year, we're going to have an infant. That means our lives will revolve around this infant. We will get no sleep, no freedom, and no time together. We won't be able to go to the grocery store or a restaurant or a friend's house whenever we feel like it. We will always be around a crying baby--we won't be able to go the other direction like we (like I) do when we're in a store with a crying baby. Jay's been gone for almost a week and I've been forced to think that this is probably about as much of him as I'll see when the baby actually gets here. It's the hormones thinking. Life as we know it is changing DRASTICALLY! I have known this all along, but it hit me today. Along with excitement. And depression. And nausea. And guilt. And anger. And sadness. And exhaustion. Have I mentioned the hormones have kicked in?

Can I just say what a Godsend you are, Cindy? You listen to me and you talk to me and you're excited with me, and you reassure me that I'm not crazy or over-emotional and I don't overreact. (Though you may change your mind after this post.) And all the while, you're going through the biggest change of your life as well! I don't know what I would do without you--especially since I'm alone this week.

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2005 11:01 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Did you think I was telling you that you WEREN'T crazy? I was really trying to tell you that you WERE crazy....ha ha...just kidding! I love you guys and I am THRILLED for you! I'm so glad I get to witness this roller coaster ride! By the way, you won't be able to walk away from MY crying baby (ies), either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home