Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, September 16, 2005

ARRRGGGHHH

Talk about bad luck. I signed up for Aflac short-term disability when I came back to work at Aesbus because Aesbus does not provide 100% paid maternity leave. I found out today that there is a 30-day waiting period for the benefit to take effect, and since I got pregnant before that 30-day effective date (like about 30 days before it), I am not eligible for the benefit. So now I have to pay every pay cycle for this benefit that I will not be able to use. What's up with that? That just sucks. But the good news is that Aesbus does provide maternity leave at 40% salary, so at least I'll be getting SOMETHING. Sigh. Well, if the baby's healthy, what's losing a little money?

1 Comments:

At September 19, 2005 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out and I'm SO excited for you! Parenthood is awesome. Even with all the stresses and responsibilities that come with a baby it is the greatest thing in the world. We're at 7 months and I haven't stopped smiling yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home