Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Names

I have been thinking a lot about names. It's never too early for that, right? I have several girls' names and several boys' names at the top of my list now, but I know how fickle I am...those will change by the time we even know if it's a girl or a boy. I wonder how people know what the perfect name is. One way I know what NOT to pick is I look at the top baby name lists and steer clear of those. I don't really want a trendy, popular name that the kid will share with a third of his/her class. I'd rather have something unique, but not weird so people will never remember it. I also want it to have meaning. I like biblical names, but the problem is that the "normal" ones are so common. I'd rather have a good, strong and maybe classic name that is on the top baby name list than a meaningless one that I'll second-guess a year from now, but I'm discovering that finding that perfect name will be tricky. There are several that I really like, but they don't go with Hale. Also, everyone associates a name with someone they know or a kid they hated in grade school, so if I share our top names, I'm afraid of getting it shot down. I care more than I should what other people think! But, here goes--these are my top 2 for today. Any thoughts?

Boy
Nathan
Wesley

Girl
Rachel
Naomi

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2005 4:57 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Who are you named after and/or what significance does your name hold? Mine - nothing!

 
At September 19, 2005 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! i dont know if you remember me, but i met you at cindy and briens! i am so happy for you! the name thing just comes, you will just find one that "is it"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home