Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A good day

Jenna has slept for most of the day, but she has been awake for a couple of hours now and hasn't been too fussy. Yay! I had her for an hour or so while she looked around and explored the movement of her arms & legs and made faces at me. :) She is doing that with her daddy now and the shrieks are minimal. Her spit-up hasn't been too excessive either, which gives me hope. I guess her medicine is working. We also started giving her soy formula when she has formula, so we'll give it a few days to see if that helps.

I have heard/read a lot of good stuff about that gripe water, so maybe tomorrow I'll get some. It's definitely worth trying. I don't think the mylicon does anything, so we pretty much stopped using it and haven't noticed a change.

I actually got to go shopping for a little bit today. Jenna stayed with her dad while I went to Kohl's to look for some pants & shirts that fit. :) Only my maternity clothes fit, so now it's nice to at least have one pair of pants I can wear that actually has a button & zipper. 2 sizes bigger that my pre-pregnancy clothes, but it's still early!

5 Comments:

At May 08, 2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Our baby has some colic symptoms, and our pediatrician recommended Baby's Bliss Gripe Water. You can look on their website to find a store near you that carries it (www.babys-bliss.com). Or what we ended up doing after the first bottle was ordering from drugstore.com because we got the bottles for $5.50 per bottle and didn't have to pay tax and got free shipping because we bought two bottles plus another few things we needed anyways. So that's just a tip - but we think it works great and really helps with out little one's gassiness! Good luck! :)

 
At May 08, 2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Oops I meant to say for $5.50 per bottle cheaper than what we paid otherwise! :) Stop by my blog when you get a chance - we new moms need to stick together!

 
At May 08, 2006 5:43 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Button and zipper? Not fake ones with elastic waist bands!?? Halleluiah! I'll take that, not matter the size!

 
At May 09, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

That's nice that you got to go out and do some shopping on your own. Yay for jeans with zippers and buttons. She's still only 2 1/2 wks old. You'll be your old size in no time :)

 
At May 10, 2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

It is nice to get out and do some shopping without the baby. I just had my first outing too. I hope the gripe water works for you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home