Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Am I just a big baby?

In the waiting room at the doctor's office today, we ran into a friend from church who is due the day before me. I hadn't seen her in a while. I'm guessing she was about a size 2 before pregnancy, and she appears to still be a size 2 everywhere but her belly. Ugggghhh. She has no back pain, still wears her rings (no swelling), has no trouble sleeping at night, and has no pelvic bone pain. What's up with that? I started thinking am I just being whiny for having the back pain and the pelvic pain and not being able to sleep at night? I tried to put on my wedding ring and can't even get it to my knuckle. Oh, well, I know that 13 days is the maximum that I will still be pregnant. The minimum could be anything. But, nothing's changed. Still 2 cm. And the doctor wouldn't strip the membranes because I tested positive for group B strep. I have an appointment now for Wednesday, my due date, and if I haven't delivered by then, I'll have an ultrasound to make sure everything is measuring right. If so, she'll let me go another week, but if not (low fluid, etc), she'll induce at some point before the week's out.

I have several people guessing Saturday is the day, so here's hoping!

4 Comments:

At April 20, 2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Well, 13 days is the longest at least you know there will be a set time for as long as you have to go. I know it still sucks at the end! Hopefully your 2cm will take right off and lead to something verrry soon for you.

 
At April 20, 2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I haven't been a size 2 since about 9th grade, but I have to admit that I really didn't gain much weight, slept fine, didn't have back pain, and wore my rings throughout the pregnancy....and I felt guilty about it because I knew my pregnant friends were having to go through all that. But I still had my problems...losing a twin during first trimester, bleeding continuously first trimester, trip to ER second trimester, finding out baby wasn't growing on track towards the end...not to mention the labor. So, if the rest of your pregnancy has been OK, just be glad that this is all you've had to deal with. I'm sure you'll be back into your regular clothes in a few weeks.

 
At April 20, 2006 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! i have been checking in every once in a while to see how you are doing! i thought i would tell you we are praying for you and the baby (for a save and pain free delivery)! take care and enjoy your last few days being preg. (if that's possible);)! god's blessings to you! love, melony

 
At April 21, 2006 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl! Hang in there. You are not a baby; nothing could be farther from the truth! Because she is making you this uncomfortable now, she'll be an angelic baby with no colic and no fussiness. Everyone who can still wear their wedding rings will have hell to pay. ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home