Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Out with the 3-dimensional people

Today I made my first trek out into the real world since Jenna's birth. I left her home with her daddy while I went to Wal-Mart. I'm lucky he's working from home this week! It actually felt great to drive, walk around, and do something productive. Not that taking care of Jenna isn't productive, but I needed a reminder that there's a world outside of our house. :)

I made another new discovery--mastitis sucks. I already blogged about how frustrating breastfeeding was, and it only got more painful. Friday & Saturday nights, I got a fever and it lasted off & on Sunday. I googled it and found that I had all the symptoms of mastitis. I fed her as much as I could and did what it said to do, and did not get a fever last night or today. It's a little less painful today so I think it's improving.

Speaking of--I thought I had a few minutes to get online, but someone's fussing--time to eat AGAIN!!! I just want to share this pic b/c her expression cracks me up. It's like "mom, quit it!"

3 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear an update! That pic is great and she definitely looks like she's fed up w/you kissing on her. TOO CUTE!

 
At May 02, 2006 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture!

 
At May 03, 2006 4:06 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

Well, it looks like you're doing the right thing with the breastfeeding b/c she looks very healthy. That stinks about the mastitis. It seems that everyone has been getting that, so I'm sure my time is coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home