Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I love her!

I have spent 3 days in a row now with Jenna and although it's infuriating at times, I love her! When I hold her for hours and then put her down, I feel like something's missing. Honestly it has taken a few weeks to get to this point, because at first it was more frustrating than not. Today was a good day, so it was less frustrating. Less screaming = happy me.

When Jay got home from work, I went to Target, but when I got back I found out that Jenna had been sleeping the whole time I was gone. OK, so she doesn't sleep all day (maybe close to 2 hours) but when I leave, she goes to sleep. The good thing is that she had a lot of awake time when she wasn't crying today. She stared at me and wanted to be held all day. She even let me put her down when she was awake, and didn't cry! Of course, that doesn't last long--5 minutes usually.

Going back to work is going to be tough. She'll just be getting to the "fun" stage at that time. Yesterday morning I took her to my office and she slept the whole time. That's what I was hoping would happen, because I wouldn't want her to be crying. It's distracting to people who are trying to work to have a crying baby around! I decided to be brave and go to Target afterwards, but that was a bad idea. I was trying to return something, but they have a stupid return policy and if it's an online order, you have to print out a receipt from target.com. I couldn't figure out what to do, and of course she had started screaming. She was pretty inconsolable, so I just left and of course she was really hungry when we got home. She's pretty much always really hungry! I'm afraid I'm overfeeding her, but if I don't, she cries and sucks her fists until I feed her. She gets a lot of formula now...mama's breastmilk just doesn't do it for her. I'm finally accepting that it's OK, though I'll probably never get over the guilt.

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Awwwww, i'm so glad that you are getting to have better moments where you can enjoy being with her. She's so cute! I love the smiling pic. I've been feeling the same way about wondering if i have enough milk for the baby.

 
At May 18, 2006 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pics - she of course is beautiful. I went through the same thing w/Maddi and was so frustrated over the nursing not seeming to be enough. When I did give her formula though she seemed so happy that I was just thrilled. At first I felt really guilty and like I did something wrong w/her but now not as much. Glad you are enjoying yourself! I'm so happy for ya'll!

 
At May 18, 2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad both of you are settling in. Isn't that the way it is...Dad watches the baby and she's a peice of cake :)

We just ran out of all the milk I pumped and froze while Maddie was in NICU. I hadn't been breastfeeding a whole lot so I've been afraid I wouldn't have enough milk as well. Don't worry about the formula. You are a good mom and your main priority is that she is fed right? Whatever form that takes I'm sure she will feel loved, nurtured and provided for.

 
At May 18, 2006 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the picture of her smiling!

 
At May 18, 2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

You've gotta do what you've gotta do, and if that means feeding her formula most of the time then do it...and don't feel guilty. She's precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home