Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Mom is my hero

What better way to preface my first Mother's Day than to spend the week before it with my mom? I mentioned in my earlier blog how helpful she was, and that I would cry when she left. Well, I thought I was joking but sure enough, I actually did. I want to do things for her and show her how special she is, but in reality she spent the whole week helping me out. I know she loved spending so much time with her new granddaughter though, so maybe we're even. :)

As embarrassed as I am to share this pic (I look LOVELY), I love having a pic of the 3 of us.


Today has been such a good day. My dad & brother came over for the day, and Jenna was on her best behavior. She slept a lot, which I hope is not going to make tonight a repeat of last night, but she didn't spit up much, didn't cry much, and even had a lot of alert time without fussiness.

We even found out that she can tolerate the baby bjorn if we get her used to it. Yesterday I took her for a walk around the neighborhood in it (because she was crying in her stroller) but she was zonked out the whole time. My back was a little unhappy with me too. :)

Wow, I hope we get more days like this. :) She has been screaming for the past hour or so, but I don't hear anything now--she's sleeping on her daddy's chest. We need to put her down and go to bed!

3 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Thats a great pic of the 3 of you, and jenna is so pretty!

Glad things sre getting better with baby too. Take care.

 
At May 14, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Glad that you all had a great week and an even better day. I cried when my mom left too! Happy first Mother's Day and thanks for stopping by my blog.

 
At May 15, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I love the picture of the three of you; you look great! Jenna is just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home