Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Magic naps

This morning, Jenna was overtired (as usual), so I decided when she seemed sleepy that I was going to put her down in her crib. This is not abnormal--I do this at least twice a day. Usually she cries until I can't stand it anymore, so I get her out. Sometimes I decide after a few minutes that it's not going to "take," and sometimes I'll let it go 20-30 minutes. Today she was a little awake, but stayed calm for 10 minutes or so (after I rubbed her back & shusshed her for a few minutes). Then she started crying really hard for 10 minutes. I went upstairs to get her out, but on the way up, she stopped crying. I stood there watching her for a minute or 2, and she seemed contently asleep. Well, baby girl slept for 2 1/2 hours! 2 1/2 hours! And let me just say that she was a JOY to be around ever since she woke up. No fussing, no crying, and lots of smiling. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!! She sat in her papasan chair staring and smiling at herself in the mirror and at her aquarium toy for a good 30 minutes.After she woke up & ate, she sat on my lap and smiled and cooed at me for another 30 minutes or so. Then she was in her swing, then daddy came home and she smiled & cooed for him. Then we met some friends for dinner and she was nothing but pleasant the whole time. I didn't get much done during this nap time because I was expecting her to wake up at any time, but if this becomes a habit, I will start something that I know takes a while to finish (working out). I will get the hang of it just in time to put her in daycare & go back to work... Oh, please baby girl, can you do this every day? When you cry, I let you continue because I know what's best for you. I don't let you continue because I'm neglecting you--please learn that naps are GOOD!!!!!!!! You're happier, we're happier, and you're a lot more likely to have a brother or sister! :)

2 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 8:41 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Oh that is great about her nap!! YAY!! they are always so much happier after a good nap.. I hope it becomes a new routine for you :)

 
At June 16, 2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Yayyy on the nap! I hope she keeps it up for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home