Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

When Jenna's awake and not crying, I can do a whole lot of stuff with one arm while I hold her in the other. J worked from home today and kept her while I slept till 8:30 and went to the gym, which I'm grateful for. He left at 3:30 and will be back around 10, so he felt like he should give me some time this morning. How sweet! Anyway, I came downstairs and found this (that's his laptop--hard to tell in the picture):

This is great, but what I wonder is how come this works for him, but when I try doing something productive after she calms down or goes to sleep, she suddenly gets restless and fussy? Oh, well, caring for her is productive so I should just go with it. :) She's been great today--I think the good days are starting to outnumber the bad ones, so I'm hoping this trend will continue. :) We went to Chipotle for lunch (hey--it's only the second time since she's been born!!!) and she slept the whole time. Then we went to Target and she slept there, too. Now she's sleeping again...hopefully she'll still be able to sleep tonight. We have no schedule or even anything close yet, so it's all a gamble!

Different subject: Our poor little Kaiser is losing his vision now. He's only 6, but everyone who knows us knows of the major health problems he's had. Last year he was diagnosed with diabetes, and ever since we've been giving him 2 insulin shots a day and he's been on a very strict diet. He was already on a very strict diet because of his bladderstones, but now it's more strict. We knew that this would eventually happen because of the diabetes, but we hoped it wouldn't happen so soon. His left eye is cloudly like he's getting a cataract, and chances are the right one isn't far behind. Poor little guy--he'll adapt, but it'll be sad!

4 Comments:

At May 24, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

She is so cute there with dad!~ I love that pic. So sorry to hear about your poor little dog, i do remember reading about his ailments. :(

Glad you had a good day out too, that you's enjoyed :)

 
At May 25, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger betsy said...

Ah, poor Kaiser. But you know dogs, they are totally adaptable to whatever you throw their way, he'll adjust. He is so cute!

And that pic with dad and laptop, I know, right? I swear for a second that was a picture of my J and little E with laptop at hand...

=)

 
At May 25, 2006 7:50 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Poor puppy...he's soooo cute. We had a pomeranian that lost her eyesight and most of her hearing; it's sad.

 
At May 26, 2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's melony i just wanted to tell you congrats! enjoy every min. of her! be blessed! mel-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home