Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Is this the same baby?

Yesterday was the WORST DAY EVER. OK, I'm being dramatic--it wasn't the worst day EVER, but it was a really unpleasant day. Jenna wouldn't sleep all day, and she was very fussy. Basically I held her and listened to her cry all day. At one point, we were both crying! If she calmed down and went to sleep in my arms, I would try to put her down for a nap so I could get something done. But every time, she'd wake up and start crying as soon as she went down. I tried to let her cry it out a few times, hoping she would calm down and go to sleep. I KNEW she was tired. But she would only cry harder, so I would cave and pick her up again. Cry, cry, scream, scream, grunt, nod off. A cycle that we repeated over & over. I think she was just overly tired because it didn't seem like there was anything wrong with her--she was just being tempermental.Then when J came home, he of course was able to put her to sleep. So she basically slept from 6 pm to 8 am, minus the 8:30 pm, 1 am, and 5 am feedings. So needless to say, last night was AWESOME!

The reason I question whether it's the same baby is because today was so different. We went to Wal Mart and we went to the mall without incident. She got fussy and I had to carry her instead of pushing her in her stroller at the mall, but I didn't mind. I had to give her a bottle there, so there was a lot of spit up and more fussiness to deal with, but it was no big deal. I was with friends who also had babies, so we fit right in with all the stay-at-home moms who cruise the mall on weekdays. When we got home, she still didn't want to take a nap (and still I have only gotten her down for 30 minutes this afternoon) but maybe tonight will be a repeat of last night and we'll be able to sleep AGAIN! I can't fathom getting on an actual schedule, but this works for me for now!

5 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I'm 8 weeks in and I still don't know the meaning of the word "schedule".

 
At May 23, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i so know what you're feeling, i think it was right about this age when it seemed i had to hold maddi ALL THE TIME! i slept holding her even at night. i was so upset and so stressed out which of course made the nursing even harder...it will get better, hang in there. : )

 
At May 24, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger betsy said...

Isnt it such a bitch when the hubbys come home and like magic, babies just turn into pleasant little beings again? Whats the friggin deal with that!!!???

 
At May 24, 2006 7:20 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Surprisingly enough Ava is on a schedule. I didn't realize it until I sat there and said hey, this happens everyday at the same time, up at 7 for the day, swing from 8-9, baba (formula) bath at 10, play mat thing till 11, sleep, booby from 1-6!~ then baba at 8 for night then up at 3 am every damn night and 5 am!

See you posted how do i get online all the time, it's that i type with one hand and baby on the boob. There's not much else you can do while nursing, other than watch tv. So i blog.

The other kids are busy outside, getting lost. hehe. Just kidding.

 
At May 25, 2006 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, things have really been rough on you for awhile now. I hope she gets on a schedule soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home