Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wow, how our lives have changed

I was just thinking about how different our lives have become. Jay & I have been married 9 years in December, yet our first child isn't even 2 months old. Already she has completely changed us. We used to go scuba diving. We used to go to bed at the same time and eat dinner at the same time. We used to go out to dinner a lot and meet friends a lot. We used to travel. We went to Hawaii (twice), Florida (twice), Jamaica (3 times), Las Vegas (twice), Colorado (I don't even know how many times), New York (twice), Boston, Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, and countless road trips. Those days are, for the most part, over. Yet for some reason, I'm OK with that. I know that we have new adventures ahead of us. Yesterday I met Kyla and Cindy for lunch, along with their kids. As we sat, 3 adults with 3 kids (one was in Mother's Day Out), I thought about how our lives had changed. I never pictured myself sitting at a restaurant with 2 carseats and a high chair, tending to our kids and talking about our kids. I realized this is the start of a brand new life. A life I haven't known before, but a life I will embrace. Soon enough, our daughter will have her own friends. We will have birthday parties, sports events, slumber parties, and girl scout meetings for our new adventures. We will embrace whatever adventure she takes us on, but we'll rely on Grandma & Gramdpa to keep her once in a while while we cling to our own. :)

5 Comments:

At June 15, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I agree with everything you said. It changes your life in such a drastic way but in a great way as well. Your right though.. we do have a journey ahead with our children and whatever they might lead us into :)

 
At June 15, 2006 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you got used to saying "two and a highchair" yet? It is amazing.

 
At June 16, 2006 7:28 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

We need to pick out a weekend in December to get away...just the girls. Maybe we won't make it all the way to NYC this year, but we need to go somewhere. We MUST HANG ON TO THAT! ha ha ha ha

 
At June 16, 2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Life sure changes once children come along. Travelling will be a lot more fun now that Jenna is here. :)

 
At June 16, 2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

It's crazy how much life does change and how hard it is to imagine every living any other way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home