Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy 4 months, Chunky Monkey!

Jenna is 4 months old today and I can't believe she's ONLY 4 months old. It seems like we've had her a lot longer than that. But as big as she is, she's still little and I'm trying to savor her "little" time. She had her 4-month checkup Friday. She did really well with the shots--just cried for a minute or so, and I think they made her sleepy like last time. She slept all the way to Austin and never made a peep. Of course, she was in the car with Jay and I was in my car. When I drive back to Houston by myself, I'm sure she'll cry the whole way. :)

We did confirm at Jenna's appointment that she is a big girl! At about 17.3 pounds, she is above the 97th percentile for weight. I don't know how she gains so much weight with all the spitting up she does, but we don't worry about that since she obviously isn't having trouble gaining weight. :) She was in the 75th percentile for length, and only 40th for head circumference. The doctor said she's healthy and it's fine--great, even--for her to be chubby. So go, Jenna, go! And happy 4 month birthday!

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2006 7:56 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Happy 4 months Jenna!

Glad she did well with her shots. She is a big girl at 17.3 lbs. She's healthy :)

 
At August 22, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad that the check up went well.

The babies always do well in the car when there's two...why is that? Hopefully she'll be good for you on the drive back.

17.3 pounds! That's great. Littly chubbers...too cute.

 
At August 25, 2006 7:16 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Wow! 17.3 pounds..that's amazing. She's got about two pounds on my little one and mine is almost a month older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home