Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mmmm, rice cereal

My new favorite thing is feeding Jenna rice cereal. It's so fun and she does seem to like it. I'm anxious to feed her baby food, though I shouldn't be too anxious because she'll get it everywhere. She's OK with the rice cereal. I guess since she spits up ALL THE DANG TIME, we're used to her having stuff all over her. I have to do her laundry every other day because she runs out of bibs so fast. Today she went through 3 bibs and 3 outfits at daycare, just from so much spit-up! But I'm liking this video thing, so here's a clip from her first feeding.

[OK, just kidding--I can't get the stupid thing to work. And I don't want to deal with it because my $450 contacts are driving me crazy...]

Nothing exciting, but we were enjoying her reaction. She always has her fingers in her mouth, too.

I am getting a little frustrated with her daycare. I'm not too concerned since we're leaving soon anyway, but I did say something to the owner today. We just get conflicting information all the time. We get a daily log of her eating, nap, and diaper schedule. Half the time it says she didn't have any dirty diapers, but we know she did only because her poopy clothes are sent home with us in a plastic grocery bag. Then yesterday it said her first feeding was at 7:30, but I didn't drop her off until 8:15. Anyway, I told them she ate at home at 6:45. And the diaper bag had her bottles, but also someone else's bottle too. Today it said they gave her 6 ounces at the feedings, but we always give her 5. Not only to we give her 5, but we fill the bottle with 5 ozs of water and some mylicon every morning so all they have to do is mix the formula. It also said she slept from 12 to 3:50, which would be the longest nap she's ever had in her life. I don't believe that because a) she never sleeps that long, and b) because they said she started spitting up really bad around 2:00. The other thing that bothers me is that a couple of weeks ago they gave me a caricature of her when I picked her up. They had someone come in and do that. It's cute, but yesterday when I paid her tuition, they told me I had a balance of $5.50 for the caricature. What? I didn't ask for that--I didn't even know about it until they gave it to me. None of this is that big of a deal, but almost every day there is something irritating that happens. Most of it started when they got this new lady who for some reason, just rubs me the wrong way. She is the one who makes all the mistakes I've mentioned, and she's the one who scratched Jenna's face (that scab finally fell off). I've started having a harder time dropping her off again because for some reason I just don't like that lady! She's not mean or anything, so I'm not sure what my problem is with her. As for the infant schedules, it's gotten to where I don't really trust what it says, so all I can do is assume that she has eaten every 3 hours, that they change her diaper regularly, and that she sleeps when she feels like sleeping. I'll kind of be glad when we can find another place in Austin.

4 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 5:52 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I absolutely love that pic of her sleeping in the jumperoo. I tried to get one for Ava but they were sold out and there is only one place you can get them around here :( So we went with an intellitainer thing. I can't get over the size difference of her in her swing too.

Anyway, yay for rice cereal! I've been feeding it to my goblin for about 3 wks now and she loves it, still a mess but she eats it up :)

I would feel the same way as you do about the whole daycare. Those conflicting stories would get to me too. I don't blame you for having a harder time dropping her off now.

 
At August 16, 2006 7:12 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

I don't blame you at all for wanting to get her out of that daycare. You are right, it't not like they are doing any harm but really, how hard is it to write down the correct times of when she eats, sleeps, and poops? Hopefully she won't have to be there too much longer.

 
At August 16, 2006 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had friends in Lexington whose daycare was webcast. They could enter a PIN and view their daughter's room/her/and the teachers all day long. You might see if there are any daycares in Austin with that bonus just for a peace of mind. My friend said he didn't look at it that often, but it kept the staff honest.
Also, sorry we missed Sat. PM. Hope ya'll had a blast!

 
At August 17, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I don't blame you for not trusting that lady. I've worked in plenty of daycares, and I've seen these people that forget to write stuff down...so they go back later and guess at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home