Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

3-month pictures

I know a lot of people have professional pictures of their kids taken every 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months. I'm not sure when after that, and I'm not sure if we'll do it that often. But I figured if she's 3 months old, we should get started! So, today she had her first portrait session! I am a little disappointed in the pictures overall, but only because she wouldn't smile--not because of the place (Portrait Innovations). I was actually very impressed with them and we'll definitely go back for the next session. We all (the photographer, Jay, and myself) were trying to get her to smile, but she just wouldn't! I think she was a little confused as to what was going on.

They gave us a CD with all the proofs on it, which is where these pics came from. We didn't have to buy all the poses to get the digitals. I don't know what's standard, but I thought that was a good bonus!

I like how this one is done, but her shirt's a little too big.

We tried our best to keep the drool & spit-up off her, but you can see a little drool that made it onto her outfit. :)

They put these hands & feet pictures together with a picture of her face on an 8x10 sheet, like a collage. I think they cut out more of her fat rolls in the print than I did here, though. :)

And of course, we had to do the obligatory family picture. :)

I'm hoping that next time we get her picture taken like this, she'll smile more and I hope she doesn't have a big scratch next to her nose because her negligent parents didn't clip her fingernails often enough!!!!

We're heading to a shower 2+ hours away (despite the current torrential downpour), and we're praying she is not fussy tonight like she usually is in the evening...

10 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pics are awesome! totally love the outfit too :)

 
At July 22, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Those are good pictures. I probably need to get on the ball and have some taken too, now that he's pushing a year old. I really like the picture of her holding your finger.

 
At July 22, 2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

The pictures are beautiful, love hte family pic! She's got so much hair and her arms totally remind me of Ava's with all the little rolls. :)

The feet are the cutest :)

 
At July 22, 2006 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww! They are beautiful!

 
At July 23, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I think they look great :) awww I love the family shot!! and the baby bits!!

 
At July 23, 2006 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so precious. Ya'll are such a beautiful family. The black background pict is so great...even if she isn't smiling I love it. I just looks natural, not posed. I loved seeing ya'll at church today.

 
At July 24, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

I know you really wanted her to smile but can I just say she sooooo doesn't have to b/c good gosh, if she was smiling, it might be cuteness over shock! I simply adore her little arms.
Could your family be any more perfect? I mean man, y'all are seriously one good looking family.
OH oh oh, and I LOVE the one of her holding your finger!!!! I think I might have to borrow that idea from you. Can I?
One more OH....is that wedding ring a platinum band with a pear shaped solitare?

 
At July 24, 2006 10:09 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I like the "obligatory family picture": it's really sweet.

 
At July 25, 2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Susan in va said...

What a precious girl! (I found you through Silly Hily). Enjoy every single-tiny-itty-bitty-solitary second. It will go by so fast. You will look back at this first year as the best time of your life :)

 
At July 25, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Silly Hily said...

We pretty much have the same ring. I lurve my pear shaped solitare! (You are more than welcome for the comment. I mean every word of it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home