Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

3 months!

My baby girl is 3 months old already! It actually seems like it has been much longer than that, but at the same time, when she was born, 3 months seemed like an eternity. I never thought she'd be this old. Sadly, she is outgrowing her 3-6 months clothes and I've got some 6-9 month outfits she's starting to wear. Yikes! I put one of my favorite 3-6 month outfits on her this morning and it was too tight, so I had to add it to the pile of outgrowns. I don't think they're supposed to outgrow 3-6 month clothes before they hit 3 months! :( I can't help but think that if I was still breastfeeding, she wouldn't be this big. But, I'll never know. I'm just hoping she plateaus soon and slows down just a little.

Yesterday when I picked her up from daycare, I felt like such a horrible mother. She had scratched her face pretty good, and the lady said "you might want to trim her nails--they're really long." Then the same lady said "You might want to bring her some bigger diapers. Hers are pretty tight." So last night I trimmed her nails and this morning I brought a bag of bigger diapers and took the smaller ones back. Oops. We do trim her nails--I just didn't realize we'd have to do it so often!

Jenna girl, we've made it through the first 3 months. We'll learn together and it will only get better from here.

6 Comments:

At July 20, 2006 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went back and looked at Jenna's pictures from when she was newborn. Wow has she grown up! She's a beauty and I'm glad that it sounds like ya'll are doing great!

 
At July 20, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Wow, she sure is growing quick. I can't get over how fast the time is going. They usually slow down on the whole weight gain soon and stay in like size 3 diapers for quite a long time. Well that's my experience anyway.

I hear you about having to constantly trim the nails, Ava's are always so long and scratching her face, it's like 2 days later and bam the scratches are back again. So, you're not the only one. You are an excellant mom :) Don't forget it~

 
At July 21, 2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

Lila is just now getting into her 3-6 months stuff, and she's four months a week from today. I still put her mostly in 0-3 month stuff....BUT she was a tiny newborn. I think they just all grow at different rates and catch up to each other when they're about five.

I can relate to the fingernail thing. I have to cut hers at least every couple of days or she scratches me when I'm nursing her.

 
At July 21, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

She is growing quick but she will slow down soon.. I can so relate to the fingernail thing.. geez Randie's grow so fast and you have fight with her to cut them.. *sigh*

 
At July 21, 2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, she really is growing up fast and we're missing a bunch of it. I think she really looks like Jay in the latest picture you have posted AND she is SOOOO much bigger.

 
At July 21, 2006 9:05 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

She certainly is growing quickly. Patrick just finally grew out of the last of his 0-3 month onesies and isn't anywhere near the 6-9 month clothes--and he's over nine months! What a great excuse for you to go shopping for new cute baby clothes.

And I guess the monster nails must be common for babies. I wish I'd known that when Patrick was small. I was always embarrassed at how often I cut his nails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home