Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, January 19, 2007

6 weird things about me

I have been tagged by a couple of bloggers to list 6 weird things about myself. I'm having trouble thinking of them because I guess these aren't that weird, but I'm SURE there are a lot of weird things I can't think of.

1. I have to eat everything evenly. There has to be the same amount of meat, rice, & vegetables (or whatever I'm eating) left on my plate; the same number of each color of M&Ms, etc.

2. I am addicted to bad sit-coms. Aside from Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs, and King of Queens (which I don't consider bad sit-coms), they're all I watch. Well, that and HGTV. I'm talking Step by Step, Brady Bunch, Full House, and Growing Pains. And I admit it. And I hate reality TV.

3. If I feel like I'm getting sick, I put listerine in my ears. I don't know if it really helps or not, but my boss told me about this years ago, and I've been doing it ever since.

4. Much like the food, everything else has to be even. My Tae Bo DVDs drive me crazy because he doesn't always do the same thing on the left side that he did on the right. So I'll pause the DVD and do the other side.

5. I like to clean. I don't do it as often as I should, but I get some sort of weird satisfaction out of making a dirty house clean, and I actually enjoy doing it.

6. I hate Cher. But I mean, really. The sound of her voice makes me go into convulsions. If some mean person who knows this about me makes me listen to her in a car or something (which has been known to happen), I will scream and cover my ears like a 4-year-old.

I'm not tagging anyone...I'll just check your blogs, although I think most people have already done it.

In Jenna news, she had a bad night last night. I don't know what her deal was. She went to bed at about 9, but then woke up about 20 minutes later. Jay put her back to sleep, but as soon as she got her crib, more crying. We let her cry for a while, but she was NOT going to stop. So he put her back to sleep, and she woke up at 11. Back to sleep, she woke up at 11:45. Back to sleep, up at 4. Then she woke up for good at 7. It wasn't hard to get her back to sleep all these times, so it't not like she wanted to play or anything. I think we're doing a bad thing by rocking her back to sleep, but we've let her cry for hours before and she just won't go back to sleep unless we coax her. I just keep saying it's temporary...it's temporary...

4 Comments:

At January 19, 2007 2:00 PM, Blogger Texasholly said...

Your weird things are great. Especially the Listerine in the ears. They should market it as such...it would make for a really funny commercial.

Ellie has nights like those. Some nights she will go down at 6:30 and not wake up til 5:30, but other nights she wakes up several times throughout the night and we have to rock her back to sleep. I know CIO works for a lot of people, but Ellie just cries harder and harder. I just tell myself that all too soon I will be wishing that I could still rock her to sleep.

 
At January 19, 2007 3:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Listerine?! That's hilarious. (Now I'll probably try it the next time I'm getting sick.)

And that's great about Tae Bo - that's always driven me crazy.

Hope Jenna sleeps better tonight. Think it's teeth? Good luck.

 
At January 19, 2007 5:46 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Since you love to clean, can you come visit me and help me clean my house :)???

 
At January 19, 2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Midwest Texan said...

Your thing with the Tae Bo tapes isn't too wierd! That really bugs me also - I start thinking that all my muscles on one side will get bigger than the other if I don't do it exactly the same!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home