Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stuff

I don't really have anything to blog about, but I felt like updating. I have been reading on other blogs that it's "blog de-lurking week." Which means if you read but never comment, leave a comment so I know who's out there! Of course I'm not really expecting that to happen because I've made a similar request before, but the comments and the counter don't quite synch! Anyway, some random thoughts:

1. It's funny how even babies have their moods. Sometimes I guess they just don't feel like doing things. This morning Jenna was NOT her usual morning self. She is usually happy in the morning--all smiles and play. This morning, not so much. She basically just wanted me to hold her while she chewed on her little rubber cow. I really think it's because her top teeth are busting through and she's not thrilled about it.

2. Matt Damon is hot. I saw him on Inside the Ac.tor's Studio and I knew he was hot before, but now he's even hotter.

3. I miss my friends. I love being in Austin, but we don't really have friends here yet. I miss our Houston friends! Email and phone just isn't the same.

4. There's so much to do. You know how you always have these little things to do that just keep piling up, and then when you think you're catching up, there are more things that keep coming up? So you put the housecleaning on the bottom of the list until you start seeing dust bunnies in the corners, and then you decide that maybe you should rethink the order of the things to do? Oh, maybe that's just me...

5. Ellen is so funny. I love watching Ellen. She did a parody of the recent overplayed SNL skit with Justin Timb.erlake (if you haven't seen/heard it, SO FUNNY, but I take no responsibility for any offense taken). She did hers with a straw & a juice box though...probably not funny if you haven't seen the original.

6. I love my husband. He's so awesome. I especially think that after hearing about deadbeat husband/fathers. I love watching him play with Jenna. Last night I was watching him play with her on the floor with some plastic balls that he was juggling and pretending like he was eating them, and she just sat there and laughed at him.

Is this a random enough post? I could keep going...nah.

10 Comments:

At January 10, 2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I recently found your blog and I love it! I have a 6 month old who goes through the same moods! I can always tell when there is a tooth coming in! More cuddles and longer naps! I have a niece named Jenna! We call her Jenna Benna! Even though she is 10 and doesn't like it as much now:)

 
At January 10, 2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Midwest Texan said...

I'm a bit of a lurker also, although I just found your blog a few weeks ago. I have a almost 9-month old son, so it's fun to read about other moms and babies. I also love that you are in Texas! I miss living there so much - Missouri just isn't the same.

I started my own blog last week - my other, original blog is all pictures from pregnancy and my baby, which all my family and friends read. I wanted something that was just mine, and was anonymous, so I started this new one - please visit when you get a chance!

 
At January 10, 2007 6:48 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Matt Damon is hot, I wholeheartedly agree. I don't usually go gaga over celebrities, but he is an exception. I think I find him so attractive b/c he seems really smart in addition to his good looks.

 
At January 10, 2007 7:01 PM, Blogger Scrapbooking Princess said...

Hi Karen,

I'm noew to your blog. Jenna is soooo cute!

 
At January 10, 2007 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, friend, Houston misses you, too.

 
At January 10, 2007 8:44 PM, Blogger The Cook said...

I am a lurker for sure. I love your blog.

 
At January 11, 2007 1:51 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I feel the same way when I see DH playing with Randie.. its soo cute and he is soo good with her!

 
At January 11, 2007 9:18 AM, Blogger Texasholly said...

Not a lurker, but yours was the first mommy-blog I discovered. I accidently stumbled acrossed it when doing a google search about decongested baby or something. And I thought that my little blog for Ellie was unique...oh how naive :)

Totally agree with your random thoughts. Especially the dust bunnies gathering in the corners. Sigh.

 
At January 13, 2007 12:37 AM, Blogger FosterMom said...

I found your blog while you were still pregnant with Jenna. It's been really neat following your family's story. And no, I don't quite remember how I found your blog. One link leads to another leads to another....

 
At January 16, 2007 12:20 AM, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I'm an occassional lurker so I'm de lurking. late of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home