Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, January 08, 2007

kitchen

I fully intended to take pictures before we started tearing apart the kitchen, and I meant to take some in the process, too. But I forgot. The only one I have before is the day we moved in, when there were boxes everywhere.
Here's the same view now.

Here's kind of a weird angle, but it shows the floor, countertop, backsplash, sink, and wall.

I know no one else cares, but I do so I'm showing it anyway. :) Jay & his dad worked so hard putting in the tile floor and backsplash, and countertops last weekend. Jay finished the tiling and grouting over this past weekend, and I painted it all Thursday afternoon and then whenever I could squeeze it in over the weekend.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but here's what we (and by "we," I mostly mean Jay) did:

  • *replaced porcelain cabinet knobs with brushed nickel ones
  • *put in under-cabinet lights
  • *took down curtains & vertical blinds; replaced with faux wood blinds
  • *put in new countertops
  • *new tile backsplash
  • *replaced linoleum floor with ceramic tile
  • *replaced white cast-iron sink with stainless sink and fixture (THANK YOU RON AND JANIE!!!!)
  • *painted

Now putting in new lighting is the only thing left. It was so much fun cooking dinner last night! It was even fun doing dishes. :) I love our new sink. I didn't mind the way the old sink looked, but every time I put any pot or cookie sheet or anything metal in it, it got all marked up. We could even give Jenna a bath in this sink! If I thought she wouldn't try to stand up and flip over the edge, I would...

6 Comments:

At January 08, 2007 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Karen,that looks sooo beautiful. Good job and tell Jay his hard work paid off.

 
At January 08, 2007 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I care! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to come and visit!

 
At January 08, 2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

The kitchen looks great! Are the counter tops the really heavy duty quartz stuff? My in-laws have those, and they are so nice. I'd like to get them someday. You've inspired me to get started on my kitchen.

 
At January 09, 2007 10:26 AM, Blogger Karen said...

They're formica countertops. Waaaay cheaper than granite or corian or anything, and the finish and decorative edging make it not look like formica. The stone is sooooooo pretty--we just weren't ready to spend that much.

 
At January 09, 2007 8:36 PM, Blogger Texasholly said...

Kitchen looks fabulous! Maybe I should have married a more handy man ;)

 
At January 10, 2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

that is gorgeous!! Glad you posted the pics.. Great job :)

Loved the pics in the previous post as well.. she gets cuter everyday!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home