Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas pics

I decided scraping glue, concrete & backer board remnants off the concrete kitchen floor really sucks. That's what I've been doing all morning and now my hands HUUUURT! I've got blisters on my palms...but our tile floor will be pretty when it's all finished. Much better than the grandma-style white & blue linoleum that was in there.

Anyway, I finally got around to downloading Christmas pics. For some reason, we can't take a picture of our tree with the lights on. They always come out blurry. But I managed to get a few in front of my parents' tree. I wanted one of her looking at me in front of the tree, but all she wants to do is grab the ornaments (of course!) so sideways is just as good, I guess.

I love this--she looks like she's just chillin' on the exersaucer. She only likes to be on the outside now--not on the inside.


This is Buddy--the best dog EVER. He is Jay's aunt & uncle's dog and he is the friendliest, most well-behaved dog I've ever known. Jenna decided she liked him, too.


This just cracked me up because she looked like she kind on looks like she's thinking "hee hee, you don't know it, but I'm about to do something bad." You can kind of see her bottom teeth, too. Or, you could if it was better quality.



About the sleeping at night question...she usually goes to sleep right after she finishes her last bottle. I don't know what it is. It's like she knows not to go to sleep during the day, but at night she is ready. Sometimes she'll cry & resist for a while, but eventually she goes to sleep and is OK with us putting her in the crib. She just doesn't like that during the day. Weird, but I'm not complaining that she sleeps most of the night!

Last night we had a GREAT dinner at Roy's. It's a Hawaiian-fusion seafood place. Too expensive, but hey--you have to do that on your anniversary, right? First, we stopped to get Jenna some Little People, since everyone else's babies seem to love them. :) Hopefully she will, too. Anyway, we had a private booth at the restaurant with no one else around, but I didn't really like the fish I ordered. Jay liked his a lot. When the waiter asked how everything was, I said it was OK. He asked if I wanted something else, and I said that's OK, I'll just eat it. Even though it was expensive, I didn't want to be "one of those people." A few minutes later, the manager came over and said he heard I wasn't crazy about my food. I said I'm not loving it, but I'll eat it. So then he practically begged me to get something else because they don't like when their customers aren't happy with their choices. OK, so I got a macadamia nut-crusted mahi that was yummy, and I felt better about it. That was awesome that they care. After we passed on dessert, they brought a chocolate souffle that had "Happy 9th Anniverary" written in chocolate sauce, along with 2 glasses of champagne & strawberries. How awesome is that??? And when we got home, Jenna was sound asleep in her crib, thanks to Gramma & Grampa. Weeeeeeee!!!

4 Comments:

At December 28, 2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

love the pics!! sounds like a great dinner after you got some food you liked :) It is cool that the manager came over and had you order something else!

 
At December 28, 2006 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary! I LOVE the new pics of Jenna! She is so cute, Karen! She really needs some bows, though. Come on! Ha ha ha

 
At December 29, 2006 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary too! Love the pics, Jenna of course looks adorable. Buddy is such a cool dog :) Can't wait to see ya'll, Maddi will love Jenna! Happy New Year too.

 
At January 03, 2007 4:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Lila LOVES her Little People. We also got her some Weebles, and she loves those too. Congrats on 9 years of marriage...that's pretty impressive these days :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home