Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, January 22, 2007

9 month checkup

We had the 9-month checkup today. She only gained a pound since her 6-month checkup! Normally I would be a little concerned, but she was really big then. She weighs just under 21 pounds now, and is in the 76th percentile. She's 27" long and in the 26th percentile for height, and her head is 43.7 cm, which puts her in the 49th percentile. So overall, I'd say she's about average. Works for me!

The spitting up though--WOW. Yesterday was, without a doubt, the worst spit-up day she's ever had. And it's rough every day. I'm attributing it to teething. The doctor said that could be it, but since it's not hurting her, we don't need to do any testing yet. If she doesn't quit it in 3 more months, we need to have an upper GI test done to make sure everything's working the way it should. She spit up once while the doctor was in there, but of course she also spit up several times during the 50 minutes we were in the waiting room. YES, 50 minutes. I'm irritated that every time we go there, we wait no less than 3o minutes, and every time I call, I'm on hold for no less than 30 minutes. But, I digress. I think that's just the way it is.

We started the new bedtime routine tonight. Usually we give her a bath, put her in her jammies, feed her, and then if everything goes well, she goes right to sleep. Now we're feeding her, then bathing her, reading her a story, and hoping she'll go to sleep. The first option didn't give us a chance to brush her new teeth (which show really well in this picture) and just wasn't a good habit so we're hoping she'll get used to this.

4 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 9:03 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

She was so much bigger than Lila before, but it seems that things are evening out a little. She still outweighs L a little, but I bet by the time they're 18 months they'll be about the same.

 
At January 23, 2007 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love those little teeth! Darling picture.

I wish the spitting up would get better! 50 minutes is way to long to occupy a kid, I can't imagine trying to do that if your kid was sick. That's no fun.

 
At January 23, 2007 1:07 PM, Blogger Midwest Texan said...

I'll be interested to hear how the new bedtime routine goes - we're still doing bath, pjs, book, feed, sleep, as J. tends to fall asleep while eating. I'd like to switch to a schedule like you're doing, so please post about how it's working!

 
At January 24, 2007 9:51 AM, Blogger Texasholly said...

I love her cheeks! She is so adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home