Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, May 19, 2006

How lucky am I?

I keep complaining about baby spit-up (I only complain about excessive amounts), gas/fussiness, not getting enough sleep, and being fat. But truthfully, I have a healthy, beautiful baby, the best husband who is also the best dad, a great job with understanding employers, and my health. So I realize how blessed I am and that I have nothing to complain about. I still wonder if I need to keep her up more during the day so she'll sleep at night, what the best kind of formula is to give her, whether something I'm eating makes her spit up my breastmilk, how to determine if she's hungry before a full-on screaming session (more screaming before feeding means more spit-up afterwards), and how to entertain her before she has an interest in toys or books. It's hard to imagine that it will one day fall into place, but I'm sure it will. While I'm anxious for her to be old enough to tell me what she's feeling, I know she will never be this little again and it makes me sad to think how fast it's already going by. We'll have to take the sleepless nights and the fussy evenings as a sign that she's a normal baby, we're normal parents, and we'll get through it.

By the way, I have to complain once--the mastitis is coming back in the other breast...uggggh.

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Mel said...

Hang in there - I know the horribleness of mastitis and how difficult it can be for both of you!

 
At May 20, 2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

It's all such a learning process. I don't know what I'm doing either, but we get through it all somehow.

 
At May 21, 2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

That's great that everything is going well. Kids are all about learning through trial and error, whatever works. Ouch on the mastitis. Wow, can't believe she's 1 month today! Where does the time go?? Take care.

 
At May 21, 2006 11:31 PM, Blogger betsy said...

You are doing a great job with Jenna, I can tell just by looking at those pictures with her in them, she's thriving and very healthy and happy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home