Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Full moon this Thursday

I have somehow managed to get through almost the entire pregnancy without having heard that a full moon supposedly causes women to go into labor. But I heard that this morning, and there is a full moon Thursday. Hmmm, that would be pretty cool to go into labor and have her born on Good Friday. :) But not Thursday--I don't want her birthday to be the 13th. I googled the moon thing, and found that the reason for this is because of the full moon's effect on water. Apparently amniotic fluid reacts the same way the ocean does. Interesting. But I also found out that it's most often false labor and these women are sent home.

I do realize I have 2 weeks left, and chances are really good that I won't go into labor before then. But, I can dream!!!! Baby girl is getting big and restless. COME OUT! COME OUT! COME OUT!

3 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A full moon baby. Wouldn't that be nice? But she would be early!
Sounds like you have a little discomfort and we all feel for you. Not long now, Karen, no matter when!!!!!

 
At April 11, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

That'd be neat to have her on Good Friday. Either way it'll be here before you know it and she'll be in your arms. I can't believe how fast time goes. Mine is almost a week and I have no clue where the heck the time is going!

Seems like it takes forever to get here then when it does, it goes far too fast.

 
At April 11, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

She's going to be here before you know it, and like Emmakirst said, it goes by soooo fast once they are here. It's a little sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home