Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy 2 months, baby girl

She's 2 months old today! We had her 2 month appointment, which went better than I thought. She had to get 4 shots, but the nurse was very quick and the crying, though loud, was short. I've never seen Jenna turn that many shades of red in such a short time. I think it was harder on her mama than it was on her. :) I had been curious about her weight, and I now know that she weighs 12 pounds, 14 ounces. So she's up 5 pounds, 1 ounce from birth. Actually I would have guessed more than that, but I'm glad she's not getting toooooo big. Her weight is in the 75th percentile, her length in the 50th %, and her head circumference in the 25th %. Sorry Dad, I know you'd be proud if her head was bigger. :)

We asked the doctor (Dr. Bel) about the spitting up issue, because I'm not sure what's normal. I just know this kid spits up A LOT. She suggested a medication that we might try. Jenna spit up several times at the doctor's office--pretty much soaked 2 burp cloths, my shirt, Jay's pants, and her outfit. Dr. Bel said if she's doing that all day, it's excessive and it may be a reason why she has sleep issues. But as long as she's gaining weight, we should look at it as nothing more than a nuisance. So we're not going to put her on medication--just deal with the spit-up. We don't think it's causing her sleep issues because she does pretty well at night (after she's fallen asleep). It's just naps that she's so bad at. Dr. Bel said once we start her on solid foods at 4 months, it will probably help, so it's only temporary anyway.

Yay baby girl, you made it through 2 months and your first round of shots...it only gets better from here. :)

7 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 2 month birthday! Sounds like you've got a healthy little girl.

Glad to hear the spitting up thing isn't something to worry about. Just means more laundry!

 
At June 21, 2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Yayyy happy 2 months :) She's about as big as Ava is now.

Glad to hear that you don't have to put her on medication for the spitting up, hopefully it'll settle down soon like the dr. said.

 
At June 21, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

YAY!! Happy 2 months.. sounds like a great appointment and good that the nurse was quick on the shots so she didn't cry too long :) Glad to hear the spitting up is not anything to worry about and hope it gets alot better once she is on solids :)

 
At June 21, 2006 4:39 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Hi, new to your blog here (found it through Tonya's). We were also told that my son's spitting up would get better once he got on solids. When it didn't, the doctor said he meant it would get better when he started sitting up. When it got worse instead of getting better, he said once he started standing more it would help. He is on medication and has been since he was a month old. If the spitting up doesn't get better with solids, you may want to look into something more intrusive, like medication. I hope for your sake (and that of your washing machine) that your doctor is right.

Gosh, I sound all gloomy. To ease your mind after my horror story, the doctor also said over half of all kids spit up a lot and only a few are bad enough to need medicine. I just learned to always take extra clothes for both my son and me.

 
At June 21, 2006 8:00 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Thats awesome that she has gained 5lbs! Happy 2 months baby girl!!!

 
At June 21, 2006 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, Karen, no jokes about the big head!!!

 
At July 20, 2006 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR KAREN, JAY &JENNA AOTE TO SAY HELLO AND SEE IF WE CAN ESTBLISH CONTACT JAY GAVE ME PRETTY GOOD INSTRUCTIONS. WE'LL SEE? GRANDPA WALT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home