Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Standing room only

Big girl is standing on her own now! She's been pulling up on things for a while, but now she can stand without holding on to anything. I didn't even know this! I took her to daycare this morning and the lady in there asked if I had seen her standing. I said when she holds on to something, but she said "No, she can stand on her own!" She was really excited about it, which made me happy to know that Jenna is with people all day who encourage her. Anyway, the lady stood Jenna on the floor and held onto her hands, and then she let go. And guess what? Jenna just stood there! By herself! For like 10 seconds! Then the lady took her hands again, but Jenna balanced herself and my jaw was hanging on the floor. Apparently this happened by accident yesterday, when she thought she was holding on to her, and then realized she wasn't anymore. But Jenna was still standing. Oh my gosh, she'll be walking before she's 9 months old, and I'm in trouble then...

5 Comments:

At December 21, 2006 4:52 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Oh YAY Jenna.. big girl is standing all by herself!! Hopefully she does not start walking too soon.. its bad on her little legs :)

 
At December 21, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Texasholly said...

I am totally impressed that she is able to balance without holding onto things! Time to start bubble wrapping all your furniture ;)

 
At December 21, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What? Walking too soon is bad for their legs? I'll have to research this...

 
At December 21, 2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's probably standing now b/c she wanted a better view of TY over at the house!!!

~Beebop
www.beebopaloobop.blogspot.com

 
At December 24, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

HOLY COW!!!!!! She is REALLY advanced!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home