Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's done

This morning, we decided to try taking Jenna to church with us and not putting her in the nursery. It lasted about 10 minutes. SQUIRMY girl doesn't like to sit still. At all. Combine that with her constant excessive spit up and chatting, and it doesn't mix with church. My left sleeve was soaked, and Jay took her to the nursery. She did look cute in her little Christmas outfit my mom got her though. (And look--her eyes match! I need to one day figure out how to get rid of that red eye...)


Well, today was the big revelation. The family came home and saw their house, and we all got to yell "move that bus!" You won't have to read about the home makover on this blog anymore! It was really cool. Our neighbor behind us let us hang out in her driveway, so we got a great view of everything. Otherwise we would have had to stand like sardines way over to the side and wouldn't have been able to see much. We were there almost 3 hours and had Jenna with us the whole time. She did OK, but she does NOT like to be held that long without being able to climb all over everything. She seemed to like her daddy's shoulders the best.

I kept thinking those kids have to be a little freaked out. They come home from vacation in a limo. There are thousands of people lining the streets, screaming, there are cameras everywhere, and then there is another house where their old house used to be. But the mother seemed really happy. They didn't have microphones on them for all to hear, but I'm anxious to watch this show and hear that conversation. That's the mom in the green shirt (and I'm sure everyone knows who that is talking to her!).
Here's Paige & Eduardo. I've only seen the show once, but I recognized them.


I got a great video of the whole "move that bus" revelation. I am just too lazy to download it now. :) Ordinarily, I wouldn't post pictures of random people on my blog. But they're all going to end up on national TV anyway, so I don't think they care...

4 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

that would have been so cool to see their faces when they came back! I love her little outfit and If you dont want the red eye don't use the flash :) Or you can get some photo editing software that can remove it for you!!

 
At December 18, 2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Thanks. Usually when I don't use the flash, it's blurry. And if I try using red-eye removal, she looks like an alien. But I could probably find better software!

 
At December 19, 2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Did you cry? I cry during EVERY episode. I bet if you didn't cry on Sunday, you will when it is aired...the way they do the music and edit everything makes it feel so emotional. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

 
At December 19, 2006 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenna is so cute, i love the christmas outfit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home