Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. 9 years! I'm not sure what we were thinking, getting married 2 days after Christmas. Well, we had our reasons but it's always kind of a hassle to celebrate our anniversaries at that time. We're going out for a nice, child-free dinner and I'm so looking forward to it!

This weekend is the kitchen remodel weekend. Jay's dad is coming to help with the tiling & countertops. Jay came home from work early and he's in the kitchen working hard at scraping up all the linoleum, while I'm sitting here blogging and watching King of Queens. :) Poor guy. I'm off this week. I scraped up a big chunk of it this morning, but then I decided to go shopping. When I got home, he was already here and had scraped up more than I had when I worked on it earlier. Yikes! I have Jenna in daycare so I could get some things done, because I learned over the past 5 days that can't get a thing done when she's here.

So yeah, I was with Jenna for 5 days straight. She was so good when we went to visit Jay's parents. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive and she was fairly good both ways. We tried timing it so she would sleep most of the time. She was pleasant and took naps there, and we were talking about how good she was. Even the next day (Christmas Eve) at my parents' house, she was great. Christmas Day, not so much. The day after? Probably even worse. The girl is the worst napper EVER and she gets way overtired. When she's overtired, WATCH OUT. She absolutely will not go to sleep. Sometimes we can coax her to sleep on our shoulders after much rocking, position-changing, and pacifier forcing. But if we dare try to put her in her crib, she immediately wakes up. I think it's out of spite, personally. She's thinking she'll show us who's boss. So I cave and let her nap on me for as long as she'll sleep. I do this because I'd rather have her sleep in any way and have her be more pleasant later, than have her not sleep and be a bear later. She had been sleeping through the night for a while, but not anymore. She wakes up just about every morning anywhere between 2 and 5, ready to go. She thinks it's playtime. Arrrgggh! Well, I'll just assume it's a phase and she'll get over it. She's got her daddy's energy, for sure!

2 Comments:

At December 27, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

How do you get her to sleep at night if it's so hard for her to take a nap? Just curious.

 
At December 27, 2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Texasholly said...

We hold Ellie for ALL of her naps when we are home with her so I totally understand where you are coming from. And she likes to wake up at an unGodly hour to play as well. Good thing they are cute, right?
How 'bout some Christmas pics of your little cutie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home