Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Proud to be American

I was at Chick-Fil-A today and as I was paying, 2 cashiers were having a conversation about a trip to New York one had just returned from. This is how it went:

Cashier 1: It was great. We went to see blah blah show (I wasn't really paying attention yet).
Cashier 2: Did you go to Rockefeller Center?
Cashier 1: Yeah, we saw everyone ice skating, and the big tree.
Cashier 1: We went to the big liberty thing (gesturing that it was big)
Cashier 2: Oh, yeah, that big lady.
Me: The Statue of Liberty?
Cashier 1: Yeah, that's it. And we went to that island thing were the immigrants were.
Me: Ellis Island?
Cashier 1: Yeah! (To the other cashier) She knows more than me and I was just there.

Oh, American pride...

By the way, I should be banned from Carter's, Little Me, and Once Upon a Child (I get almost all Jenna's clothes there). I was going to buy her a dress and shoes, if I could find what I was looking for. I ended up buying her 5 outfits. No dress, no shoes. Poor baby doesn't have a dress. I just don't like her in them because they are too hard to keep down where they're supposed to be. My favorites are one-piece pants outfits (like the Christmas outfit in the previous post), but I'm branching out to two-piece outfits. Other moms who have baby girls who aren't walking yet: do you put them in dresses?

4 Comments:

At December 19, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Texasholly said...

Ellie only wears dresses on Sundays to church and yes they are hard to keep down! But usually they come with a matching diaper cover so I don't mind too much :)

Jenna's Christmas pics are adorable!

 
At December 19, 2006 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You know my answer! Diaper covers are a must! Cute lacey ones!

 
At December 20, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

I think Randie was in a dress maybe twice when she was not walking.. now that she is running probably only two more times.. Im not really the dress type...lol

 
At December 20, 2006 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E lets it alllllllll hang out! That pic below with jenna and her daddy is the cutest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home