Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Cletus still has a heartbeat!

I really can't wait to find out the gender so we can stop calling it Cletus. :)

Anyway, my second appointment went very well. We got to hear the heartbeat, at 160 beats per minute. The doctor went through the list of tests from the bloodwork and said everything came out normal/negative, or whatever it needed to be. I gained 2 pounds since the last visit, which is supposedly normal (though I could have sworn I gained at least 5). Everything is normal, normal, normal. Groovy! I really like the doctor because she answers all my questions and doesn't make me feel like they're silly questions. She is laid back and doesn't make me feel like everything I'm doing is bad. Basically her motto is everything in moderation. Except, of course, raw fish, raw eggs, smoking, and alcohol. But everything else in moderation.

By next month's appointment, we need to have decided whether to have the quad test, because the next appointment is when they would do it. It's a blood test that would check for risks of spinal bifida, down's syndrome, and maybe other birth defects. If the blood test came back showing a risk, they would do an amniocentesis to verify if there was a problem. I'm pretty sure we are not going to do the test, however, because I really don't see a point. We're not going to do anything if it shows a risk, and all that would do is cause worry for the rest of the pregnancy.

It's so cool--I actually kind of feel like there's a little person in there now! At this point, the baby's vocal cords have developed and it can silently cry. It can feel pain, and has reflexes so it will move if it's poked, although I won't feel it yet. Don't worry Cletus, I won't poke you! I couldn't find a picture at this stage...

I still feel like time's going by really slow because I'm only 13 weeks. It seems like I should be 6 months by now!!!

One more thing---GO ASTROS!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2005 5:52 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

you said groovy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home