Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Free stuff!

Free stuff is good. Who doesn't love free stuff? I said before that we were waiting for the 12-week mark to buy any baby stuff, and it's really funny how this worked out. The DAY of the 12-week mark, a former co-worker called me. I hadn't talked to her since I left OSI 3 months ago, but she got my number (as well as the pregnancy news) from our friend/boss at OSI. It turns out her husband was transferred to Singapore for 2 years, and they will want to get rid of a bunch of stuff before they move. She has 2 small children, and therefore a bunch of baby stuff. When she heard I was newly expecting, she called and said she'd rather give me all the stuff if, I was interested, than donate it. She was more comfortable giving it all to someone she knows because apparently it's in good shape. That, and I'm assuming people get attached to the stuff their babies use. She emailed me a list of all kinds of stuff--a stroller, high chair, playpen, swing, walker, bassinet. How cool is that??? Sure it's fun to get new stuff, but we figure if this stuff isn't in great condition or if we get something else we like better, we'll either leave it as an extra at the parents' house or give it away. I just thought that was pretty awesome that we're ready to start buying stuff, and all of a sudden we get all these hand-me-downs.

The other amusing part to the lady who's giving us all that stuff is that her name is Karen Hill and she was in the same sorority at the same college as me. Ha! It was a few years before me so I didn't know her, but small world...

OK, Dad, this is for you--no, I'm not set on the names I suggested a few posts down. I knew I wouldn't like them a few weeks after I posted them, and sure enough, I don't (well, not as much). I'm not going to say what my new favorite name is because I don't like when I say what name I like, and then other people don't like it. I'll give you a hint though--it rhymes with Crankenstein. haha just kidding. If I still like the name a month from now, I'll post it then. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home