Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Diapers and daycares and pediatricians, oh my

We are starting the preparation for the arrival of this little person who will, as we are discovering, completely take over our house. We haven't bought anything new since acquiring the lot of baby stuff from the people who were getting rid of it, but we have since gotten a lot of hand-me-down diapers that were never used by the babies they were intended for. No, they weren't used or anything--just too small or a brand that didn't work well for that baby. Which works well for us, because now we have lots to choose from! Of course, most of them are newborn, so I'm hoping for a not-too-big baby in more ways than one.

Well, since the plan is to find a daycare to put the baby in after my maternity leave is over, we decided we better find one! We have only looked at 2, but the one we looked at today may just be a winner. I had a pit in my stomach after we left the first place, and I was thinking I just can't leave my baby here. Not the greatest feeling. I figured I'd feel that way about all of them, but today I felt much better after leaving. They were nicer, cleaner, and much more informative. The interaction between the workers and the babies was nice, and they're both right on the way to work. I'm not thrilled about leaving a baby in any daycare, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think I have ever felt more like a grown-up than when I started making a list of daycares and pediatricians to try out. :)

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh karen,
those are yucky times, but "most" Moms do have to go through them. just remember moms really do know best. i remember those feelings all too well! like you said you will feel if a place is right or not! best of luck, or i should say may the Lord be with you in your search! mel-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home