Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Ribbit, Ribbit


I don't know what it is about frogs. I've always thought they were cute, but somehow I've developed a magnetic attraction to cute frog things. I always thought that my baby's nursery would be decorated in a sea life theme, because I LOVE tropical fish and sea creatures. But when I started looking at bedding and baby stuff, the sea life stuff just wasn't that cute. They come in obnoxious electric blue colors and they just don't really match. Don't get me wrong--I still want to have plenty of fish stuff, but I just won't go so far as to have it as a theme. So then I thought I'll just do animals. Animals are great--they are all over baby stuff and I don't have to be limited to just one.

Then we decided to paint the nursery green, and from there it kind of exploded. I thought, I'll paint a few random frogs on the wall, because it would look cute with the green. Now I have discovered that apparently everyone likes frogs because I am finding frogs-a-plenty in baby bedding and decorations. Not only am I finding them, but I am drawn to them. They are hypnotizing me with their green, but not too green color, and their big, froggy eyes. So here it is--the theme is animals, but I have a feeling there may be a bit of a frog bias there...

Anyway, these are a few pics I took before the digital camera battery died. Keep in mind that I'm not quite done--I've still got to touch them up in places that the color overlaps where it shouldn't. Hey--just because they're cartoon frogs doesn't mean they don't have to be perfect. :)

6 Comments:

At January 04, 2006 12:01 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

aww! I can't wait to see the frogs! AND it is definitely time for a picture update of mommy!

 
At January 04, 2006 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

frogs will be adorable, while i don't care for live ones little decorative ones are much cuter. and definitley time for a pic update!

 
At January 04, 2006 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh goodness - those frogs are absolutley adorable, it looks awesome!

 
At January 04, 2006 11:26 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

You did such a great job, Karen! They look adorable!

 
At January 05, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger Brigitte said...

One of my favorite beddings had frogs on it, but Doug wanted the manly bulldozer & train stuff.

I can't wait to see the finished room! :)

 
At January 05, 2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

karen,
i was hoping that you would post pictures. you did great, it is going to be soooooo cute! isn't it fun... getting everything, planning, buying, and decorating! have fun and enjoy! can wait to see more! mel-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home