Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, December 05, 2005

NYC, and some extra puke bags

Phew, what a weekend. Only a week ago, I made arrangements to go to NYC with Cindy and Brigitte. I didn't even meet Brigitte until the day after we made the arrangements, but we had a great time. Frequent flier miles got us there for free, and Cindy's hotel points got us 2 nights at the Waldorf-Astoria! Yep, how cool is that? Rubbin' elbows with the rich & famous. So Cindy, I'm forever grateful. It was a quick trip filled with shopping and lots of walking. But hey--everything's just a few blocks away, right? :)

OK, why is my title about puke bags? This trip started out ROUGH. Friday Jay dropped me off at the airport around 6 am. I didn't get on the same flight as Cindy & Brigitte on the way out, so I was sitting at the gate by myself, reading my book while waiting to board. All of a sudden, I got really hot & felt nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and puked, so thank GOD there was no one in there, or they may have been wearing it. Luckily I made it to the sink. :) From that point, it pretty much just got worse. I started feeling sick again while boarding the plane, and I'll just say that between that flight, the layover in Detroit, the next flight to NYC, the cab ride to the hotel, and the elevator ride up to just the 10th floor, I went through a lot of puke bags. I'm sure the poor man sitting next to me on the plane had a good story for his friends. I determined it must have been some kind of bug because that's not just motion sickness and it's not morning sickness. The girls blamed it on the baby, but I'm convinced it had to be something else. I didn't get to enjoy Friday afternoon/evening in NYC, but at least I got to lay around a swanky hotel room instead of some yucky, bedbug-infested hole. I guess if you're gonna be sick on vacation, that's the way to do it. I was glad there were 3 of us, so the other 2 got to go out & enjoy the sights at night. Thank GOD I felt better the next day and we were able to get 2 full days of NYC at Christmas time. It snowed yesterday morning, and it really was almost magical. Friday was MISERABLE, but I can laugh about it now. It's really kinda funny to think about standing in a crowded elevator at the Waldorf, puking into an airsick bag.

Since Brigitte is such a photographer, I didn't even need to take pictures! I am going to snag hers and post a few, but for now my story is all I've got.

2 Comments:

At December 06, 2005 11:40 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

What a trip! And yay for no bed bugs!

 
At December 08, 2005 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen for barf bags!!! I hear Continental is fumigating one of their planes and the Waldorf has been keeping their windows open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home