Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's a...

We don't know! But we WILL know Christmas morning. The ultrasound technician was able to tell the sex of the baby this morning, and to my dismay, I was NOT. I felt like Rachael in the episode of Friends when she gets the ultrasound and can't tell what anything is. Jay could see the face, but I COULD NOT! Later she did focus on the profile though, and I could see that. This pic is the clearest of the 3. You can see the hands near the chin, but unfortunately it's not as clear in the scanned picture as it is in the printout. In case you're like me and can't see it right away, the heavy white curve is the back of the skull. You can kind of see the ribs at the bottom, too (I think). It was so cute because when she paused on this shot, the baby would move his/her hands and touch his/her face a little.

I do get another ultrasound in 2 months, which is good because I wasn't expecting to, but bad because there's a reason for it. A very minor one and I'm assured it's NO reason to worry. Everything else is A-OK. Measurements are good, weight is good, blood scan came back fine, and we have a card that says boy or girl and I'm dying to know! Jay holds this card in his posession because he doesn't trust me. :)

This year, the 12 days of Christmas has significance for us, since in the 12 days until Christmas, we will be anticipating the contents of that little card.

5 Comments:

At December 14, 2005 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that pic came through pretty good, can't wait to see the real ones!

 
At December 17, 2005 12:59 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

just want you to know that not one single day goes by that I don't think about your little baby! I can't freakin' wait to find out if CLETUS is a girl or a boy. We'll love him/her either way!

 
At December 17, 2005 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie, I really think that baby looks alot like you already. Baby face and all. He/she will just keep getting cuter.

 
At December 18, 2005 1:01 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Isn't it time for another picture of you, karen?

 
At December 20, 2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree w/cindy - we need an updated picture of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home