Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Smiley

It's getting easier to capture Jenna's smile on camera because she is smiling more. She still doesn't do a whole lot, but she'll smile at us and even at her "toys." I'm anxious for her to take an interest in playing with her toys, but for now our breakthrough is a little sea life mobile that we hang from her papasan. She likes to look at herself in the mirror under the leaf that sits above the papasan, and she likes to look at the mobile. When the red crab is pulled, it makes music, and she sometimes pulls it by herself over and over. I know she isn't doing this intentionally--it's just a result of grabbing the crab and pulling it towards her. But it's fun to think that she's entertaining herself. :)


She also coos sometimes when she smiles--it's so cute! I know they all do that, but it sure is a sweet sound. Cooing is MUCH better than crying!

(Sorry, Jenna. I just had to post your little chunky bathtime picture here! Forgive me?)


Cutie! We went to Babies R Us today so I could return a few things and get a few things. I couldn't resist--I bought her a few little outfits. I was "wearing" her in the bjorn the whole time, and she slept. I think the shots this morning made her sleepy. Anyway, I had plenty of time to browse all the cute clothes and I just couldn't resist. I haven't gotten to really buy her any clothes yet at all, since she got so many at showers. Now that she doesn't mind being changed, it's kind of fun to play dress up with her. :)

5 Comments:

At June 22, 2006 8:17 AM, Blogger QueenBee said...

Awwww! What a little princess! She is so adorable!

 
At June 22, 2006 2:03 PM, Blogger SonSon said...

She's so cute! There's something about that cooing and smiling that just pulled on my heartstrings. My feelings were so intense it would bring tears to my eyes just looking at my babies. It's something special, isn't it? Like nothing else in the world...

 
At June 22, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

She's so cute! What a chunk. How can you resist kissing that cute little belly? I have to agree about the cooing; it's the best sound in the world...until they start laughing.

By the way, thanks for adding me to your links.

 
At June 22, 2006 5:21 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

aww she is too cute and I love the little chunky bath pic :) I always loved the cooing as well.. and yes it is much better than crying..lol I also have to agree with everything that sonson said!!

 
At June 23, 2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Girl, you have one fat girl on your hands...I mean that in a good way...fat babies are the cutest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home