Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My really long weekend

I am happy to be home so I can swing in my favorite swing, but I had a good week visiting family! Mom took lots of pictures. First we went to Austin to see Grandma & Grampa. I got a new toy that I love to sit in! Mom and Dad decided it was convenient to take with us when we go places because it folds flat. Sometimes I play with the blocks and colored balls, and sometimes I even try to suck on them!

Mom and Dad got to go out a few times while Grandma & Grampa kept me. Mom even put on lipstick! She hasn't done that much since I was born.

I got fussy with them, but I was pretty good overall. I smiled at them a lot and they loved it!

When we left Austin, we went to the lake to see Nana and Papa. They hadn't seen me in a long time and I was so different! I also got to see my cousins and aunts and uncles from Dad's side of the family. I'm not old enough to play with them yet, but lots of people held me and it made me very happy.

Papa loves to fix everything and build, so I got to sleep in my pack & play in a brand new bathroom that he built in the room we slept in! Mom can't sleep very well with me in the same room, so it was like I had my very own room! I also had my very first swim. The water was cold, but it didn't bother me.


I know a couple of people who could use a tan, and I don't mean me! After I swam in the lake, I got to go on my first boat ride. The problem is, Mom and Dad made me wear this really annoying life jacket because they could get a ticket if I wasn't wearing it. Those boat patrol people go crazy on July 4th! I didn't like that life jacket at all because it squished my face, and I couldn't get my fists in my mouth! I sure love sucking on my fists. Once I sucked on my pacifier long enough on the boat though, I fell asleep.

Speaking of sleep, I did more of that in the past few days than I have ever done! Mom and Dad were so excited because I slept from about 11 last night until 5 this morning! They are really hoping I keep that up. I also slept in people's arms a lot, and in this lounge chair by the water.


I was so good all week! Mom & Dad were very happy about that. The funny thing is that I have been crying most of the time since we got home! I waited until we were alone so no one else would think I was fussy. :) I also have a new favorite game. I like to wait until Dad hands me to Mom or until Mom picks me up without a burp cloth, and I throw up all over her. HeeHee. I did that about 5 times a day for the past 4 days or so. I'm trying to make it easier for her to leave me in daycare, but it's just not working. I'm excited to go meet all my new friends in 4 days though.

5 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW! That picture of you and Jenna is just beautiful!

 
At July 06, 2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with QueenBee. Jenna, your mama is a hottie, and your pretty cute yourself ;)

 
At July 06, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Jenna, tell mama that she looks super hot with the lipstick!!!

Also, you look totally silly in that life jacket!

 
At July 06, 2006 8:42 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Jenna, your cheeks are so chubby!! I just want to squeeze them :).

 
At July 07, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Tonya said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!! That life jacket is hilarious and just a tad big!!.. how cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home