Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Has it only been 3 days?

I'm dying to pick her up! She's been in daycare for over 7 hours now, but I am in "hurry up and wait" mode at work. Damn slow network. Yesterday was easier to drop her off than today for some reason, but all 3 days, I'm jittery by this time. All I can think is she's been in there too long! I just want to pick her up and kiss her chubby cheeks. I asked Jay to drop her off tomorrow. It's the taking her and leaving her with the caretaker and leaving part that gets to me the most. I'm OK at work until I start thinking about what she's doing.

I've been keeping busy, which helps, but then I'll think about her sitting in the daycare and I wonder if she's angry that I left her there. Is she wondering where I am? Does she think I've abandoned her? Does she think I don't love her? AAAACCKKKK!! I know she does not really think these things--it's my paranoid mind that makes this stuff up. Probably in her mind she is thinking "Swing-swing-swing-swing. I like to swing. I feel hunger. Feed me. Good, here comes a bottle. How long before they change my diaper? I wonder how long I can stare at these other babies until they look away. Here comes this lady who takes care of me at home. She's taking me with her." Then the next morning it starts over. Truthfully I'm not even sure she recognizes me yet. It's actually better that she's not old enough to comprehend this yet. That means she's not old enough to care that I'm leaving her in the morning, or to wonder where I am or where Dad is all day. Once she is old enough to care, she'll be used to it. That's comforting to me to a degree, but doesn't make me feel any less guilty. It also doesn't make me miss her any less!

3 Comments:

At July 13, 2006 12:07 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I know I'm going to feel the same way in a few weeks. I'll probably resent my students for making me teach them instead of being with my baby...I just have to remember they were babies once too.

I don't know how babies think about situations like this. I wonder if they even realize we're not around. When I worked with toddlers that had been in daycare for 2-3 years every once in a while even those kids would have a freak out when their parents tried to leave. I guess it just depends on the mood.

 
At July 13, 2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I can imagine how you feel but Im sure she is not mad.. lol I agree with Chas.. I dont know how babies think but if she does realize your not around then she will be really happy to see you :)

 
At July 13, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger betsy said...

I love that youre writing about this, I dread that I am going to have to do the same damned thing. "swing swing swing!" too funny!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home