Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, July 10, 2006

We made it!

Well, mom decided this is her blog so she's going to take it back. She let me write for a while, but there are things she feels that I don't understand, so she said I don't have to do it anymore. Back to you, mom!

Our first day of daycare was a success. Jenna made it through, and even more shocking was that so did I! Jay & I dropped her off at 8:15 and I picked her up at 3:15. I was lucky to get to leave work early. Then I logged in from the couch while Jenna took a little nap next to me. I will probably do that a lot this week and maybe next week because it's so hard for me not to think about her there! Jenna was fine--they put her in the swing, fed her, changed her diaper, and probably held her some. My plan was to visit her at lunch, but I decided it would be way too hard. Not for her--for me! She wouldn't really know the difference, but didn't want to cry again like I did this morning. I tried to prepare myself for this mentally so it wouldn't be so hard, but I had a pit in my stomach and I just felt like a horrible mom leaving her there. I cried before we left the house, at the daycare, after we left the daycare, and at work. Then I came home for lunch and cried more because I was looking at her stuff but she wasn't there. I even cried on the way home when I drove past the daycare place and knew that she was there. I kept telling myself she's just at daycare. She's not in the hospital, she's alive and well, and probably happier there than she would be sitting at home with me. When I left work, I was giddy. I was so excited to get her! I couldn't wait to pick her up and hug her. She obviously didn't acknowlege that she knew who I was, but she let me hug her a lot and she was being very sweet.

I am so glad we got through this first day. I don't really know that tomorrow will be any easier, but at least I know more what to expect and I can kind of think about what they're doing with her all day. When I get to the point that I don't cry anymore when I drop her off, life will be good! Now I'm going to quit blogging and get some baby girl lovin'!

6 Comments:

At July 10, 2006 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are sooooooo happy that the first day went well for both you and Jenna. Crying is good for you. Hopefully Jenna didn't cry or at least not much. Looks like you guys have got it under control. The pictures are great!!!!

 
At July 10, 2006 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are sooooooo happy that the first day went well for both you and Jenna. Crying is good for you. Hopefully Jenna didn't cry or at least not much. Looks like you guys have got it under control. The pictures are great!!!!

 
At July 10, 2006 8:45 PM, Blogger betsy said...

That has got to be a really hard thing to do, Im completely dreading the day. I have started to visit a few centers to see which one to send E too...they all seem pretty nice, how'd you decide???

 
At July 10, 2006 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it sounds like it was rough! hope tomorrow goes better and you're so right - at least it's daycare and she's not in the hospital or anything! i love the pics you put up - she's so beautiful! you guys look great!

 
At July 11, 2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Brigitte said...

I'm proud of you Karen. I'm sure it wasn't an easy day, but you getting out among adults will refresh you, and then you'll be an even better mommy. :)

By the way.. I can't believe you had a bikini on! You're doing better than I am on the getting back into shape thing!

 
At July 11, 2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I dread that day sooooo bad! Glad yours went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home