Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, June 26, 2006

I had a nap today!!!

I got tired today, but instead of fighting it like I usually do, I let mom put me down for a nap in my crib. I slept 2 1/2 hours! Mom was so happy! She got a lot done and she thought I was going to be in a really good mood this evening. I did have some good play time, but I was mostly fussy all evening. Dad's holding me while I cry now, but it's OK, I'll calm down in an hour or so and go to sleep for the night. Sometimes I just like to cry and yell at mom and dad to let them know who's in charge. :)

[Update: I did NOT do well last night. I guess when I take naps, it doesn't really affect how night time will go. Mom got really frustrated with me because it took her more than 3 hours to finally get me to sleep close to midnight. But I will surprise mom and dad, and I'll be good tonight!]

Now that I'm taking more of an interest in all those toys and animals that mom and dad have around the house for me, I'm easier. I can sit in one of my swings or my exersaucer or papasan, and as long as I have something to look at, I'm usually OK. I sure do have a lot of toys! Most of them used to be another baby's, but that just means I don't have to break them in.


In a few more weeks, I hope I have enough coordination so I can grab them and make them sing. Mom keeps trying to read books to me, but doesn't she know I'm not old enough to listen yet? I don't know why she keeps doing that. Some of them have crinkly pages that make fun sounds though. Maybe someday soon I'll be able to touch the pages myself.

3 Comments:

At June 27, 2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Jenna, your mom left a comment on my blog about going to the lake this weekend. As much as you're growing, the small swimmie diapers will fit you just fine, and I bet the bigger bathing suit will too. Tell your mommy , OK? :)

 
At June 27, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Jenna, get used to those naps! That's the only time Mommy gets to sleep, and you want her to sleep, right? If she's anything like me, she's a much nicer mommy after getting her naps.

But just because you get a nap, that doesn't mean you can forget to sleep at night. Remember, sleep is good!

 
At June 27, 2006 2:58 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

Oh Jenna you are going to love those books when you are a bit bigger.. all the wonderful pitures and crinkly pages.. and they will help you learn loads of things.

Try and be better for your mommy and daddy and dont yell at them too much.. they are doing their best and they need to get some sleep too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home