Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, August 25, 2006

100 Things

Almost every blog I read has a "100 Things" at some point, and I realized that yesterday was my "blogiversary." So I thought why not--now would be a good time to do it. Here are my 100 things.


  1. Moving and not selling the house is stressing me out!
  2. I don't see how single parents do it.
  3. I don't know if I can come up with 100 things.
  4. I miss hubby when I'm not with him.
  5. Sometimes I even miss him when I am with him.
  6. I love my baby girl.
  7. Sometimes she pisses me off, but I still love her.
  8. I am always trying to lose weight, usually unsuccessfully.
  9. I worry too much.
  10. I try to let God take some of that worry.
  11. I am very blessed.
  12. Teeth issues freak me out.
  13. I finally have a dentist I love.
  14. I am dreading finding a new dentist in Austin.
  15. I think I will come back to Houston twice a year to go.
  16. I wish I could do that with our church, but that's not feasible every week+!
  17. I hate Cher.
  18. I mean, I really can't stand her. I convulse when I hear her voice.
  19. I love Def Leppard.
  20. They're my favorite band of all time. Still.
  21. I love scuba diving.
  22. I wish I could do it more.
  23. But if I did, maybe I wouldn't love it so much.
  24. I am a sitcom junkie.
  25. I hate reality TV. Never watch it.
  26. I love my friends & family.
  27. I lived in Tokyo when I was younger.
  28. I wish I could go back to visit.
  29. I have really, really, really bad eyesight.
  30. I can't get lasik, but even if I could, I'd be too scared.
  31. I've always been scared I'd pass that to my child.
  32. It bothers me when people drive under the speed limit. I don't know why, but I always seem to be in a hurry.
  33. I am NOT a morning person.
  34. I hate smoking more than just about anything.
  35. It's the only thing I don't mind being rude about (making yucky faces).
  36. I can't stand when people use apostrophies for plural words.
  37. I also can't stand when people put "s" on the end of stores that don't end in s.
  38. I also hate when stores have names that are misspelled on purpose ("kwik", "kountry").
  39. I am always cold.
  40. I will talk about very personal stuff with friends, but not on my blog.
  41. I used to be depressed.
  42. Now I consider myself happy.
  43. I hardly ever cry.
  44. I've cried more since Jenna was born than I probably have in the past 10 years.
  45. I love fruit.
  46. I love chocolate.
  47. I don't care much for chocolate with fruit.
  48. This 100 things is turning out to be more fun than I thought.
  49. I work for the best company ever.
  50. They are very flexible.
  51. Good thing I have a good work ethic.
  52. I hardly talk to anyone from high school anymore, or even college.
  53. I have a Journalism degree.
  54. I never wanted to be a Journalist.
  55. I met hubby in college.
  56. He is wonderful. I can't even express how wonderful.
  57. I like to wash my car. I hate taking it somewhere to have it done.
  58. I wish I could play a musical instrument. I took piano & guitar lessons when I was younger, but my mom was right--she always said when I got older, I'd wish I stuck with it.
  59. I have never sung karaoke and probably never will. I love to sing in the car, only when no one can hear me. :)
  60. I have an increasingly negative outlook on human nature.
  61. I try not to, but it's best if I stay out of Wal Mart.
  62. I hate Wal Mart.
  63. But I go there anyway.
  64. I don't have any tattoos.
  65. I think my favorite movie is Office Space.
  66. I pretty much only like to watch comedies lately.
  67. Although I haven't seen a movie since before Jenna was born.
  68. I really can't stand when people say "GD." It's one of the few things I will be vocal about.
  69. I am intimidated by a lot, but not nearly as much as I used to be.
  70. I wish I could go back to high school and not be so shy or scared of everyone.
  71. I never drink coffee. Hate it.
  72. I am addicted to diet coke, but I try to only drink caffeine-free. And I don't like to order it in restaurants because it's usually flat.
  73. I could easily be a vegetarian. I don't like to eat much meat.
  74. I hate my hair. I can never figure out what to do with it.
  75. Chipotle is my favorite place to eat. I always get the veggie burrito with black beans.
  76. I was a competitive swimmer for most of my youth. I lettered my freshman year of high school and wore my letter jacket EVERY DAY in my sophomore year. I must have been annoying.
  77. I don't swim anymore. I did when my gym had a pool, but not now.
  78. I wish I could go to the gym more, but Jenna takes a lot of time.
  79. But as long as I'm wishing, I'd rather go for steep hikes or something more fun than the gym.
  80. I don't like the way I feel about myself when I'm not working out regularly.
  81. A couple of years, I did a half olympic triathlon and then the MS150 and a few 5Ks. I feel really out of shape now.
  82. Someday I want to run a marathon.
  83. I don't think I ever will. Oh, well.
  84. I used to love flying, but now I don't. We traveled a lot and I got sick of it.
  85. I am terrified of public speaking.
  86. It stresses me out to the point of vomiting.
  87. I listen to my ipod on shuffle all day at work. But most of the music is old.
  88. I once told a guy I didn't like ice cream to get of a date.
  89. I actually love ice cream. A whole lot. Especially coconut and mint chocolate chip.
  90. Hawaii is my favorite place on the planet. I don't like to lay on the beach...I just like to explore.
  91. I often imagine I am there when I'm stressed or can't sleep. It's my "happy place."
  92. But I wouldn't like it as much without Jay.
  93. I love mango margaritas from Del Pueblo, but not really anywhere else. I also love the Wallaby Darned from Outback. But usually I just get beer.
  94. I can't think of anyone I genuinely dislike.
  95. I don't like crazy daycare lady, but I don't really have a solid reason. If she wasn't watching my baby girl, I'd probably like her.
  96. "Breath of Heaven" is my favorite Christmas song.
  97. I love Christmas and Christmas music. We got married December 27.
  98. I hate Halloween. But I'm anxious to get a cute little costume for Jenna.
  99. I don't know why, but I get excited about buying school and office supplies.
  100. This was a lot easier than I thought.

2 Comments:

At August 25, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

We have a lot in common. I also hate smoking (never actually done it myself), and I will make faces and say how bad it smells loudly any time I'm around someone that is smoking. I also can't stand when people say "GD". Oh...and I'm also terrified of public speaking...which is kind of weird considering my career choice is basically getting up in front of a group every single day.

 
At August 27, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Happy blogiversary :) Great list. I learned more about you. I absolutely HATE public speaking, I took a course to try and beat my fear since I had to give a few presentations while in university. It didn't help much at all. :(

That'a hilarious about Cher. I could do without her, but she doesn't have that same effect on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home