Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The drawback of trees

Before we bought this house, we wanted lots of trees. We wanted a house with a good sized yard and lots of trees around the neighborhood. That's what we got, and now I'm cursing the trees because I can't see Ty! :) I can't see him, but I can hear him. I can hear him as I sit in my office typing this. We found out that the house that's on Extreme Makoever is actually directly across the street from the house behind us. When I look over the fence on one side, I can see stuff going on through the little gap between trees, and when I look on the other side, I only see trees. But a little while ago, Ty did his thing where he yells and gets everyone all riled up. I was just commenting to Jay yesterday how they have been really quiet over there, given what they're supposed to be doing. I learned this morning by listening to all the commotion over there that they're just starting the demolition today. I guess yesterday they were just getting everything out of the house. So let the noise begin. Jenna's room is on that side of the house, and I'm concerned that they'll keep her up at night, but we'll see.

I heard one of the people say they're setting up a spectator area, so I may have to go for a jog at lunch and see what's going on. We DVRd the show Sunday night and watched it last night, so now we at least know what they do. I was floored by the gorgeous house they built & decorated (not to mention demolishing the other one) in that short time.

In Jenna news, I'm debating whether I should take her to the doctor. She has had a chest cold for like 2 weeks now. She just has so much congestion and it's not getting better. I just want to make sure it's a cold and not something worse.

Update: I discovered that I can't see the makeover house from my roof. I can only see people standing around through the trees. So I went to look at the house from the spectator area on the side. And I saw Ty. :) That was so cool--I'm going to have to go back every day at lunch and after Jay gets home! They demolished that house in like an hour. It was amazing. When I got there, the back of the house was torn off, and when I left, probably 40 minutes later, the whole thing was a pile of rubble. I will definitely be watching them build it. Ty was just sitting there. He was playing with a dog when the camera was on him, but most of the time he was just sitting there. I guess he gets busy when they actually start building, but for now it allowed me to get a good view. :) I also found out that the family does have 6 kids, and 5 are autistic. I can't wait to see the revelation Sunday. And when I said earlier "let the noise begin," I didn't know the half of it! I feel like I'm living in a construction zone.

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2006 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karen!! That is so cool that Extreme Makeover is like right in your backyard!!! Ty is a cutie! Sorry Jenna isn't feeling too well...I would probably call the doctor so it doesn't get worse. All is well here..baby is kicking and moving around more and more each day!

 
At December 12, 2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go ahead! You know you want to post the diagram you drew of where your house is compared to the Extreme house! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home