Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

God is good

As another afternoon of depression sets in, I went looking for Bible verses to put things in perspective. I know in my mind that it's stupid to be so sad over little things, but I needed something to convince my heart. So, I came across this verse from 2 Corinthians. 4:8-9, 16-18.

"We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed... Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

I love how a verse like this can completely change my mood. Before I started this blog I was fighting back tears, and now I am good. I will re-read this when the inevitable mood swings strike again (I am not going to fool myself into thinking they won't). Friends, I urge you to do the same. God is good!

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 10:15 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

aww...YAY! God is Good! All the time

 
At January 27, 2006 6:08 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

What a wonderful verse and so true.

 
At January 31, 2006 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't believe how quick the time goes by where you have to get up early on Sat because of the baby. After that, it's YOUR lifestyle, and God is Good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home