Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Big baby?

Thanks for the nice comments! I had my last ultrasound yesterday and everything was great. She's measuring right at the April 26 due date, but weighs 4 pounds, 2 ounces. Everything I've read (like the ticker at the top of the blog) says the baby at 32 weeks should be "almost 4 pounds." Hmmmm, I wonder if that's an indication she'll be big at birth. Based on mine & Jay's birth weights, I'm sure she'll be big, but I guess at this stage she's getting a little head start. Unfortunately, we didn't get any good pictures. With her getting so crowded, it was hard for the sonographer to focus on anything but the face, and she could only get the face from the front (no profile). It looked like a scary alien, so we'll leave those pics off the blog.

I was shocked and really annoyed last night when Jay & I took Kaiser for a walk that I could barely make it around 2 blocks. How sad is that? The piercing lower-back pain combined with the braxton-hicks and pressure of the baby weight made it so uncomfortable that I think I won't attempt that again until after she's born. I kind of had to laugh though. Here I am, still with 8 weeks to go, hunched over, huffing & puffing & holding my belly like a...well, like a pregnant woman! Wow, how do those women keep working out and JOGGING up until the end?????

6 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor thing. We're so sorry that you are already so uncomfortable. Wish we could help. Do you have a bathing suit? Could you do some swimming for exercise? Maybe a bikini?????

 
At February 28, 2006 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swimming might be a really good idea actually. I bet they have water aerobics at the gym :) That could be fun!

 
At February 28, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Glad to hear baby is measuring a good size! And I hear ya on those scary alien pictures...I have ours hanging on the fridge, but she is sorta spooky looking!!!

 
At February 28, 2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Glad everything is great with baby. Soon enough you won't be walking around huffing and puffing. I have no idea how some moms are so active, wish i knew their secret! Swimming is great though to take the pressure off, you feel a little like your old self again :) Take care.

 
At February 28, 2006 5:07 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Surely doc would have said something if baby was too big. You know how it goes, she might be 4.2 oz. this time and not gain for a few days. I'm sure she's good.

 
At February 28, 2006 8:05 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

you can always come over and swim at our house. In the green water. That is freezing. Sorry you're not feeling well, it will all be over soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home