Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Are you KIDDING me???

OK, so I'm glad yesterday was my birthday and today was my 32-week doctor appointment, because at least last night I got to enjoy one last big, yummy piece of carrot cake. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! Yes, I typed that correctly. 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I didn't even know that was possible. So for the next 3 weeks (till my next appointment), I'm going to cut waaaaaaay back on the empty carbs and see what happens. I have said that before, but I've never had a threat like this. I knew I had gotten significantly bigger recently, but that's just wrong. Dr. said some of it is probably water retention, but that I need to watch the carbs. Until now, "watching the carbs" has meant looking at them to decide which ones I'm going to eat. Blehhhhh!!!!

4 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 10:17 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Watching the carbs is really difficult. Everything good is full of them. It seems like you can't eat or drink anything worth having when you're doing the low carb thing. I've cheated a little lately with the two showers and all, but I'm trying.

 
At March 03, 2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I've had a few of those appointments. Gotta love it. I'd say it's water retention too. Next visit you may not gain a thing. Good luck.

 
At March 06, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger betsy said...

I love how you "watch" your carbs!!! hahahaha, I do it that way too!!

 
At March 07, 2006 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're almost there! I hadn't read your blog in a while, but now I'm all caught up! Geesh, you guys are totally set with baby stuff... nice friends! I can't wait to see my little (or big) niece and her cute little family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home