Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hiccups and karate kicks

Almost without fail, this baby gets hiccups every night when I lay down to go to sleep. Also without fail, she kicks A LOT at the same time. Kicks, punches, claws, rolls over...I think she'll be born a black belt. I think I'm going to lay down to go to sleep about an hour before I really want to go to sleep, just to give her time to settle. It's starting to be painful sometimes--almost feels like she's clawing to get out! Thanks to Brigitte, I now have a visual of Freddy Krueger's nails clawing at the other side of a wall! Sometimes at night it makes me jump (the feeling, not the visual), and her little feet are starting to kick under my ribs. In the next few weeks, I may get creative with my sitting & laying positions.

Here's what I want to know: Why is it that she waits until I lay down to go to sleep before she really gets going? All day she squirms and shuffles, but at night she's dancing in there. I'm starting to wonder if maybe somehow a little soccer ball got in there. I hope this isn't an indication of her schedule after she's born!

Here's something interesting that probably everyone already knows, but it's exciting! Babies are no longer considered premature at 37 weeks. I am now 33 weeks, so technically that means I only have 4 weeks left!!!! OK, so really I have 7, but that's so fun to think I could have this baby in 4 weeks and she would be full term!

6 Comments:

At March 08, 2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

I know, my baby does the same thing. Apparently all our movement in the days quiets them, then they get partying right when we quiet down. Although little miss here is active all the time. Hiccups, kicks you name it. And the full term, i have been watching my calender, lol, March 20, and i'm 37 wks. hehe, not like i will go then, i have never gone early with any of my previous children. But here's to praying this time :)

 
At March 08, 2006 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddi did the EXACT same thing, nothing like trying to get some rest and they just liven up in there. I wouldn't say it be too indicative of her schedule once born. Who knows though! I can't believe you only have 7 more weeks. That's so freakin exciting - can't wait to see her :)

 
At March 08, 2006 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait! i delivered my last child at 37 weeks and he weighed 6 15, so your right, in is FULL term! god bless ya! mel-

 
At March 08, 2006 1:18 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

maybe if you slept in a hammock and were constantly rocking........nevermind. i'm sleep deprived.

 
At March 08, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Someone told me that when you're up and moving all day it's almost like you're rocking the baby to sleep....then you lie down at night and your moving stops, but baby's begins.

 
At March 09, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger betsy said...

How can you tell its hiccups? Sometimes I get these really weird "kicks" that feel like she is running in place or something, I just cant tell what in the world is going on in there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home