Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Maternity clothes

Sadly, I had to buy 2 maternity shirts yesterday. I have plenty of long-sleeve shirts that I either borrowed or bought a while back, but it's too hot for that now. I'm not used to being hot while other people are comfortable, but that's what's happening. Temps in the 80s don't make long-sleeves very comfortable, and I have already outgrown most of my short-sleeves! With 6 weeks to go, I hate to buy anything, but I figured I'm going to need more than 3 shirts in the rotation to get me through.

I hate maternity clothes! Why do the designers of maternity clothes think that all pregnant women want to show their boobs? 90% of the shirts that I see are so low-cut and have such huge necks that they don't even stay on the hangers. I didn't wear low-cut before and I don't intend to start now. I don't want to be sitting at work, worrying that I'm flashing something that I don't want to be flashing. And why are the t-shirts so small? When I am wearing a large or even XL maternity t-shirt, you shouldn't be able to see which way the baby is sitting in utero. I mean really--I am not THAT big. that an XL should be that tight. Do they think that we all want to go the celebrity way of showing off our "beautiful pregnant shape?" Bleh. I won't even go into the pants because I've got enough to get me by, but I sure can't wait to wear pants with buttons & zippers again! Pants that I don't need to pull up every few minutes if they sit below the belly, or pants that I have to pull down to sit comfortably if they sit above the belly. OK, so I'll go into pants a little. :) If I was a person who normally wore skirts or dresses, now would be a great time to do that. However, I won't because my thighs have gotten so fat that it's hard to sit with my legs crossed or even with my knees together.

I suppose that's enough complaining for now...I've noticed a trend. The further along I get, the more complaining I do. Well, just imagine how fun this blog will be a month from now.

6 Comments:

At March 13, 2006 6:43 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

You crack me up, all those things are soo true. I have a top that i swear a pole dancer would wear. I hate the low cut crap, hello i don't want extreme cleavage showing, not before and especially not now.

Soon girl it'll all be over. At least with the clothes you've bought, you can wear them again if you have any more children. So it's not a complete waste.

 
At March 13, 2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the funniest i've read in a long time! thanks :) but seriously why do they think everyone out there wants to see a pregnants woman's boobs?? half the shirts i had to like pin closed - it was incredibly annoying. i guess they do that with the thought that pregnant women all end up with huge boobs, well not all of us, at least not that big! or maybe they think showing those off will make you feel better about the big belly sticking out below. who knows. but i totally know where you are coming from! i can't believe it's getting so close...

 
At March 13, 2006 10:02 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

LOL! It will be over before you know it!

 
At March 14, 2006 7:15 AM, Blogger betsy said...

EXACTLY. What is with the plunging v-necks and the hideous floral patterns of maternity shirts. I get so pissed b/c I cant hang up half of my shirts b/c the neck is so huge!!

 
At March 14, 2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I'm with you on everything. I've got 28 days until my due date...21 if I have a c-section...and it's been so warm I can't wear about 90% of my maternity shirts. I have maybe four things I can wear right now, but considering it's under four weeks, I'm not buying anything new. I'm just praying for a cold front.

 
At March 21, 2006 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post! I was just complaining to my hubbie about the same exact thing last night! I had to go to Motherhood to buy a bra because the girls are getting so big so naturally I needed some larger shirts as well. Why is it as your boobs are growing the shirts that are being manufactured are shrinking? It's kinda new to have cleavage starting at my neck as it is, but to have the shirts start at my sternum is even weirder.

I've been able to find some decent stuff at Old Navy Maternity..but then again, that was around Christmas time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home