Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's February!

I feel like I have been pregnant for about 2 years, and I haven't been in a big hurry to get all the baby stuff done because I feel like we have a long, long way to go. However, she's due in April and it's now February! Granted, she's due at the END of April, but when I looked at the calendar this morning, the shocking realization that I will one day soon be a real-live mom hit me. 12 weeks to go. That still seems like a long time, but as the weeks fly by and it gets to the single-digit countdown, I will start to freak out a little.

All right, now that I'm officially 28 weeks and I vowed to post a picture every 4 weeks, I promise I'll take one in the next few days. My belly has, of course, gotten significantly bigger, but I have to share the other unexpected joy that has occured as an unanticipated (to me, anyway) side effect of pregnancy. I now have thunder thighs and a butt that rivals the size of my belly. I tried on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans yesterday (though I don't know why I subjected myself to this cruelty) and could barely get them over my thighs. I'm already planning my diet to begin in May...

4 Comments:

At February 01, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is hilarious, thunder thighs! too funny. the last month everyone told me - don't even try on your pre-pregnancy jeans till at least 1 month after delivery. YEAH RIGHT!!! i think it didn't take me 2 days after i was home. just dying of curiousity and so hopeful they would fit! I'm sure you'll do fine, you've always been so good when you need to be. I must say I was in complete shock when you ordered a burger the other night! I don't know that I've ever gone out to eat w/you and you haven't gotten a salad. It's kinda fun to see you let go and I'm sure you're enjoying it as well!

 
At February 01, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and I can't wait for you guys to register for stuff! i love baby stuff and i am so anxious to see what all y'all pick out : )

 
At February 01, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Don't worry I am right there with you. It's probably fluid retention too ;-) The weeks are going by, though it seems slow. Have you picked out a name for her yet? Take care.

 
At February 01, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait!!!! i will check it everyday for a pic. mel-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home