Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Green all around!

Everyone at work is wearing green, which I usually do on St. Patty's Day, but I have nothing green that fits! Well, except a fleece jacket, but it's in the 70s. I tried to squeeze myself into a green button-down this morning, but I decided that wasn't happening. So I've got a green post-it flag stuck to my black shirt, and that'll have to do.

That's not really the reason for this blog--the reason is to do a little complaining about the neighbors. Like I said--complaining has gotten to be a trend, right? Well, our lovely next door neighbors have had a big pile of crap sitting in front of OUR house for a week. They put it out there last Thursday night, I think, and then Friday the garbage people didn't touch it. It sat there, and then Tuesday rolled around and the garbage people took some of it. Then Friday rolls around again today and it's still sitting there. When I say pile of crap, I'm talking about an old kitchen sink, some kind of big pump, a cabinet, and a bunch of other unidentifiable, but big, trash. Instead of putting it on the left side of the driveway so it's in front of their house, they put it on the right side so it's directly in front of ours (it's a round curve in the street so there isn't much curb in front of our house). Well, we have been annoyed by it, but what sealed it was yesterday when I got home from work, there was a letter sitting on the counter from the HOA saying we were violating the deed restrictions with all the trash sitting in front of our house for several days. WELL, J was out walking the dog, and I didn't want to wait. I assumed he hadn't yet done anything about it, so I marched my big self next door, and when the wife answered, I showed her the letter and she said "I know, your husband already came by to chew me out." Well, we had some friendly chit-chat and she said she couldn't understand why they sent us the letter and not them. I said because it's sitting directly in front our our house--everyone thinks it's ours. Then she walked out and looked at it and said "Oh, I guess I can see that it's more in front of your house." Ya think??? So, by tomorrow this stuff should be gone and we will again be able to look at our blooming azaleas when we drive up, instead of a big pile of garbage.

Here's another perk to living next door to these people--their stupid dog barked NON-STOP from 2-3 am. This time, he was on the other side of the house so it wasn't as loud for us. Usually he's right outside our bedroom window, but fortunately, he doesn't always bark in the middle of the night. I definitely prefer listening to their 17-year-old son practice with his garage band than hearing that dog bark continuously for an hour in the middle of the night. It would be a shame if there was an unfortunate accident...

6 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Oh i would be soooo annoyed with those neighbors. And the whole dog barking throughout the night, AHHHH!

Hopefully they'll clean that crap off your part of the lawn and you's will have your place looking good again.

 
At March 17, 2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no kidding that would be annoying w/the garbage and the dog of course - don't they know better than to piss a pregnant woman off! glad you went over there - allowed you to vent some of you frustration i'm sure :)

 
At March 17, 2006 11:48 PM, Blogger QueenBee said...

The kind of unfortunate accident where you leave rat poison in your back yard and accidentally throw some over the fence? ha ha ha ha

 
At March 18, 2006 8:56 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

My uncle had a dog named Murphy that used to do that every night. My grandfather lives next door and I wouldn't exactly call him an animal lover. One day Murphy just disappeared, never to be seen again. I've always suspected it was my grandfather, but who could prove it. I think you can call the police though, it would be considered disturbing the peace here.

 
At March 18, 2006 4:54 PM, Blogger Brigitte said...

You know Doug would be more than happy to take care of the dog for you! :) He'll hunt anything!

 
At March 18, 2006 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really hard to believe that any neighbors could be so inconsiderate, but we all have them. If that ever happens again, go out and move it into their yard, they'll get the idea. I like either the disappearing dog or the hunting trip ideas for their dog.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home