Jenna Benna Bo Benna

She came into our lives 4/21/06, and I'll do my best to post pics, stories, and what she's learning about the world!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Now I get it!

I had my 35-week appointment today (since it had been 3 weeks since my last one) and there is nothing to report. Everything looks good, I didn't gain too much weight (well, maybe a pound too much), and from now until she's born I'll be going every Thursday.

I did get an answer to the question I've had for well over a month now though. I have been wondering what all these lumps are, like which one is the butt, what is the other curiously large one, is the head really down, etc. So my doctor pressed on everything and was able to identify those curious lumps. Now I know baby's head is down, the butt is usually right around the middle, just below my ribs, and the legs/feet are waaaaay off to the right side. That's why I'm always lopsided. I knew those were feet I was feeling, but I didn't realize the legs/knees were so big. What can I say--this is all new! My fear that this baby had 2 heads or 2 butts is now gone. :)

4 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so much fun guessing the parts! Today at my midwife apt I had 3 midwives taking turns trying to identify the parts. They all agreed on the head and the butt...and then the general statement was "there are parts all over the place!" They clarified the statement after they saw the look of terror on my face. I was imagining some kind of creature from Monsters Inc.! Moral of the story, sometimes even the pro's get a little confused. :)

 
At March 23, 2006 8:54 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said...

Sounds like your baby is lying the same way mine is. Feet alllll the way over to my right side up under my ribs.

Glad you've established she only has one head and one butt. hehe. Too cute. :)

 
At March 24, 2006 8:14 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

You sound like me. I get a massive bulge on my right side; I thought it had to be the head, but it turns out it's the rear end. I've been feeling really bony bulges around my left side, which are knees, feet, and elbows, depending on how baby is laying. It's so weird when you get this far along.

 
At March 24, 2006 12:49 PM, Blogger betsy said...

My baby's butt is on the right side too...must be all that laying on the left side that is keeping these babies comfy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home